SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ian Anderson on songwriting and shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ian Anderson on songwriting and shooting Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38694 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I read this 2013 quote from Anderson, having read little snippets decades ago before about his love of certain shotguns. Took me a little while to find...

quote:
We band guys enjoyed a morning at the F6 Labs range in Long Island where various government protectors of Homeland Security go to experience the latest in hi-tech defensive handgun techniques with their video screen hostage situations and desert warfare scenes. Navy Seals too, apparently, have trained there. None of the other musicians had ever touched a handgun before so were a little apprehensive but they soon got the hang of it with expert safety advice from the range master. We were using Glock 10mm pistols. Not my cup of tea, really. I am a single-action Colt/Browning guy although I have a soft spot for the Sig-Sauer 9mm P228 and 229. Best and safest of the double-action modern breed of defensive weapons. My Barstow-barrelled Browning Hi-Powers with the reworked triggers and Pachmayr grips were my favourites. But now, sadly, deactivated under UK law. Balls cut off and no working parts. I know how they feel. Pre 1997, pistol-shooting was my golf. My darts. My fishing. No more…

https://jethrotull.com/ian-and...lloween-2013-update/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I read and also saw photos that he was an avid dirt biker.

I remember seeing another quote of him mentioning Barstow barrels.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38694 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This is weird! I just got a spam call from Barstow, CA!

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
IIRC he’s a big fisherman too

I recall been given a book years ago by him all about trout fishing and all kinds of things like that.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ He owned a salmon processing factory in Scotland.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks, 6guns.

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I read and also saw photos that he was an avid dirt biker.

I remember seeing another quote of him mentioning Barstow barrels.

Apparently Ian Anderson actually did a lot of writing for "Too Old To Rock And Roll, Too Young To Die" while recovering from a bad street bike incident.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post