SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    chinanever.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

chinanever.com Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Just found this. Nice to have a list of where things are made. However I am sure some of these companies have a China cheap line. Broke my heart to see JA Henckels stamped made in China. I could accept Argentina, but not China!

https://chinanever.com/

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Men's Shoes > Chippeawa boots
Results in 0 matches. I hope this is a website error on behalf of chinanever.com or Chippewa.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting website. Thanks for the link.

I have a lot of $$ tied up in knives. Mostly Bucks and Spyderco. I only buy their US made lines. Very sad to see Buck bend over and have their Chinese line

I try really hard to only buy US made items. What freaks me out the most is seeing canned goods and even some fresh food from China. Good lord who knows what’s in that crap. I’ll pay a few cents extra per unit for stuff canned in this country thanks.

Also I know Danner has an offshore line. Not sure if China or vietnam but the US line is much nicer. I have a pair of Orvis cross branded Danner’s. I plan to wear them till I die and that may include getting them resoled at some future time. But like 20 years ago they were several hundred which was a grip of money. Buy once cry once

Posts: 4769 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Interesting website. Thanks for the link.

I have a lot of $$ tied up in knives. Mostly Bucks and Spyderco. I only buy their US made lines. Very sad to see Buck bend over and have their Chinese line

I try really hard to only buy US made items. What freaks me out the most is seeing canned goods and even some fresh food from China. Good lord who knows what’s in that crap. I’ll pay a few cents extra per unit for stuff canned in this country thanks.

Also I know Danner has an offshore line. Not sure if China or vietnam but the US line is much nicer. I have a pair of Orvis cross branded Danner’s. I plan to wear them till I die and that may include getting them resoled at some future time. But like 20 years ago they were several hundred which was a grip of money. Buy once cry once

(8% of Bear Knives are made in Alabama w Alabama labor and materials. I have carried their line for years. Let me know if I can help.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to buy as much non China as possible. Bought two pair of American made shoes from SAS shoe company. Their shoes are American made with American material and wear like iron. And you won’t have to buy three pairs of the China crap every year instead. They cost more but quality is worth it.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I bought my son his first pair of Redwings for Christmas.

Style 1178 Pecos

My pair from '05 still wearing great, first sole & heal even.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safespot:
Men's Shoes > Chippeawa boots
Results in 0 matches. I hope this is a website error on behalf of chinanever.com or Chippewa.

Yeah it looks like they try to list items in a brand that are not US made. I would think you could email to let them know to update the site?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Staunch supporter of the anti-Chinesium consortium

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post