SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things Apple Puts On My Phone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things Apple Puts On My Phone Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I don't care for some of the things Apple puts on my calendar. Is there anyway to delete these politically correct events?

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Try Settings -> Calendar -> Alternate Calendars

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I don't care for some of the things Apple puts on my calendar. Is there anyway to delete these politically correct events?

<Looks at the calendar on his iPad...>

Such as...?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Such as...?
Indigenous Peoples' Day. I guess that's the leftist anti-Columbus Day.

Posts: 45396 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Yea, annoys me a little as well.

Things like all the HINDU holidays for instance.
They are on the US holidays calendar so you can't hide them without hiding all US holidays as well... at least that I can find.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny. I accidentally subscribed to two federal calendars. One lists Columbus Day. The other list whatever the hell theyre calling nov 9 these days.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
You can’t delete the Apple one, but you can turn it off.

Then subscribe to this one. https://www.calendarlabs.com/i...days/us-holidays-76/

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Such as...?
Indigenous Peoples' Day. I guess that's the leftist anti-Columbus Day.

Mine has both. *shrug* I really can't get my shorts in a bunch over something as freaking trivial as that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can turn off all the "day titles" that they list. It is in preferences. Most Apple Store employees can show you were to toggle it off, but it is in Settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208541

The Calendar app on your iOS device and Mac features a built-in holiday calendar that’s customized based on the holidays that are most recognized in your country or region. These include official government, religious, and other traditional holidays.

Mine is off. That is valuable real estate in my month-view, the only way I use it on the laptop.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post