SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cooling towels???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooling towels??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A frozen bottle of water on the nape of the neck helps cool you down. Then you drink the water. Works for me.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:
I routinely use the Frog Toggs version. Feels kind of like a cool chamois.
s.

FroggToogs work well. I keep mine in a plastic bag in the freezer until match day. On a really hot day, I refresh it once with some ice water from my jug. The last time I bought, I could only find a really larger version, so I cut in in half lengthwise and got two for the money. Just drape it around your neck and tuck it in under your shirt, and you're good to go. They hold the water very well, without dripping all over you.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
The only way that works in the near 100% relative humidity we have down here is if it is cooler than body temperature to start. Put a cool/cold wet towel on your neck and you will cool down until that towel reaches your body temp. Then it is just as the monkey said, a hot wet towel that doesn't help at all.

They do use something down here that they call "florida water", which I think is a mixture of water and alcohol. People swear it works, and I suppose the alcohol in the mix will lower the average evaporation point, thus cooling you better than plain old water or sweat.

Florida Water is a sort of cologne, but it is more herbal than cologne-smelling. I think you are right - the alcohol may make it evaporate a little faster. That is the only reason it may be cooling.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post