SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Garage Door Opener - Precision Door?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Garage Door Opener - Precision Door? Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted
Hey all,

My ancient garage door opener has finally died and I am looking for an installer for a new one.

Has anyone used Precision Door? They seem to have a good reputation around here.

Any other suggestions? I live in the York, PA area.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I used Precision Door for installation of a new door and opener at our previous house in Elizabethtown (Lancaster County) Pennsylvania. Was happy with their work. They replaced a 50 year old very heavy wood door. Included new rails and door and opener.

Also have used them here in Arkansas when our spring system broke and I was unfamiliar with the type of system. Again, happy.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I’m happy with my installation of my opener by Precision.

I went with a belt drive unit and it is quiet.

They have been very professional every time I’ve dealt with them.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there is already one there, the hardest part of replacing is holding the long chain/belt bar up while you secure it. Otherwise, it's an easy DIY. Having done 2, I can easily get it done in an hour or less if it cooperates.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have not used them, we have a local outfit that we've been happy with, are they a Liftmaster dealer?

If so then look at the models with MyQ so you can use your phone to monitor if the door is open or closed, set auto close times like 10pm and if it's open it will close for you, you can let in family if you are out, we use that for our daughter who comes over before us with the grandkids.

Belt drive is nice and quiet,

If you still have the old steel wheels have them replace them with Nylon wheels, smoother operation, less drag, and way less noise.

When our current unit from Sears gives out we are going with the 98022, eliminates the overhead opener stuff, and it has a battery backup, like the current one from Sears, which has been great when power goes out.

https://www.liftmaster.com/for.../garage-door-openers

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very pleased with them

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post