SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A horrible hypothetical
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A horrible hypothetical Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted
Well, OK, maybe horrible is a bit much… but if you were ’forced' to only keep only 2 of your currently owned firearms what would you hang on to? Choose any combo but only two.

Me, I would keep the squirt gun and ‘Rick':

OK so what would you save?

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I got my CUT years ago for answering a similar question, but we were allowed to buy so I chose 2 dreilings.

Since it has to be one I already own it'd be my LE6920 and my P229CT.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
probably a handgun -- could be one of many choices

12ga shotgun for the versatility

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
AR15 (with light, sling, optic) and G19.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That depends are we being practical or keeping the ones that are “most fun”.

Practical - AR 15 and P365xl (red dot and threaded barrel)

Fun - Scorpion Evo SBR and Dan Wesson Vigil Commander 9mm.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
AR15 (personal build 14.5” middy) and 1911 Ed Brown which has some special non-catalogued options and custom serial number.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This Project Ares Battle Rifle was born less than 3 weeks before John Noveske was killed.

And, this all stainless P228.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The AR & P320

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15341 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR and my P226

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
226 and AR-15. Together they could handle just about any task needed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

^^^This.

I'm assuming I can sell/swap the rest of my "arsenal" for ammo for the above.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15240 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

^^^This.

I'm assuming I can sell/swap the rest of my "arsenal" for ammo for the above.

I choose this as well. I have some parts for both, & likely all the mags I'll ever need for the time I've got left.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5481 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
SIG M400 and G19

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
For the sake of the discussion I would pick my 11.5" AR & my Beretta 92FS Centurion.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
FS2000 and G45.

Posts: 17157 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tavor x95 and P365 sas

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
10/22 and MkIV...both suppressed.

They'll kill what needs killin'.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
P365XL and SIG MPX 8".

The XL is my carry. The MPX I can shoot just about anywhere, unlike rifle caliber platforms. Either will acquit themselves well at reasonable civilian self-defense distances.

If I had access to more indoor ranges I might swap the MPX for say an 11.5" AR15 SBR, or if .300 BO was more available I'd be far more comfortable with a suppressed .300 Blackout SBR as my only long gun.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mini 14 and Glock 19.
They work long term.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm lousy with a handgun, so I'd say my 870 12ga and my "good" (most accurate) AR.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post