SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help me explain Taylor Lorenz, The Washington Post doxxing people, and Libs of TikTok to members who know nothing about all of this
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me explain Taylor Lorenz, The Washington Post doxxing people, and Libs of TikTok to members who know nothing about all of this Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I don't know where to begin. Too many links, too many links, too many, too many. Too many youtube videos.

Words. The words are jammed up. In my brain. Beaver dam. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Strawberry jam. Country ham.

Ze goggles, zey do nossing...

Libs of TikTok

Twitter

Hypocrisy

Washington Post

Doxxing

Crocodile tears

Burma Shave

Help me, Obi Wan Shapiro. You're my only hope...

Starring Steve Crowder as Luke Skywalker.

Posts: 107700 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
She’s a notorious “crybully”

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. What an awful person.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
She’s the queen of: “It’s only doxxing if it happens to me.”

Meanwhile she has repeatedly doxxed others and is attempting to do the very same to the channel Libs of TikTok. A truly despicable person.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
This one’s for you Para.

Edit: to clarify. “dam. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Strawberry jam. Country ham.”

Ram Jam.

Probably not funny. I was trying to top Burma Shave. Which… Is hysterical.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
There are some people who offer absolutely no value to the human race.

Lorenz is one of those people. Crybully is the perfect description for her.

Posts: 3664 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
April 20, 2022
The WaPo triggers the Streisand effect for Libs of TokTok
By Andrea Widburg

The Washington Post attacked Libs of TikTok (“LOTT”), not because it wants to debate the merits of the leftist-made videos the Twitter account exposes to a wider audience, but because it wants to silence anonytmous woman who runs it. Ironically, in a new form of the Streisand effect, the Washington Post seems to have exposed LOTT’s material to literally hundreds of thousands more people.

The current saga of LOTT can be summed up quickly.

LOTT locates videos that leftists voluntarily place on social media about race, gender, and other forms of wokism and then republishes the same material on the LOTT account. I’ve been following the account for months now, maybe even a year, because it’s a window into the core leftism that underlies the Biden administration, the media, academia, and much of K-12 education across America.

The account started acquiring extra traction when Florida’s Parental Rights Act (aka The Anti-Groomer Bill; aka the “Don’t Say Gay” bill) became a matter of national news. For those trying to make the point that bad things are happening in classrooms, LOTT was a goldmine.

And again, LOTT did not create material, did not fake material, and did not dox people. Instead, what LOTT did was republish material that others had already placed in the public domain. Material like this:
(link below for images, video)

Twitter twice tried to shut down the LOTT account but was forced to walk it back because all it did was rebroadcast videos and photos that were already available—and considered acceptable—on multiple social media forums. And so, Plan B was put into place.

Plan B meant putting Taylor Lorenz on the trail. Lorenz calls herself a journalist but she’s not. She’s an “outer.” That is, she outs people for daring to have political viewpoints different from hers and she’ll punish anyone close to those she seeks to destroy.

Because she disagrees with Pamela Gellar’s politics, Lorenz outed Gellar’s daughters, who had developed their own popular, non-political Instagram accounts. She also went after KellyAnne Conway’s daughter. And speaking of Gellar, some people have noted that Lorenz seems to have a real issue with Jews. (LOTT 's proprietor is Jewish.)

Lorenz has also made a big deal about the horrors of being doxed, claiming that people have harassed her because she dared to expose them. She can dish it out but she can’t take it. Ultimately, Lorenz is an utterly disreputable excuse for a human being.

And there’s no doubt that Lorenz doxed LOTT, revealing not only her name but also publishing her real estate license, which contains all sorts of identifying information. The WaPo eventually deleted that license...and then lied about it:

I sincerely hope that LOTT sues both Lorenz and the WaPo (along with the individual editors involved) and that she gets Nick Sandmann rich off them. Lorenz is a trust fund kid and the WaPo is Jeff Bezo’s private political playground, so there are some mighty deep pockets there. The public should also deride, shame, and shun Lorenz and the WaPo.

But here’s the biggest punishment of all, and it’s a natural consequence of WaPo’s doxing hit piece: Although the purpose was to silence LOTT, it dramatically increased her reach. I don’t know how many followers LOTT had before she was doxed, but I noted about 630,000 on Tuesday morning after the numbers had already begun accruing. As of now 11:45 P.M Eastern Time on Tuesday, the account is at 800,000 followers and it’s increasing, as best as I can tell, by around 2,000 new followers every ten minutes.

This is the Streisand effect on steroids, a term that refers to Barbra Streisand’s attempt to suppress a photo of her Malibu property only to draw massive attention to the photo. With LOTT’s expanded audience, the account had better start going back to its core activity, which was showing to the wider world the bizarre, creepy, even dangerous materials leftists freely promote about themselves.

Update from Thomas Lifson:

Tucker Carlson began his show on April 19 with a long segment on Taylor Lorenz and her doxxing of LOTT's proprietor. He revealed that Taylor Lorenz did not do the sleuthing work to uncover the identity, but rather got the information from software developer Travis Brown, whose work is supported by the nonprofit Prototype Fund, which is, in turn, supported by the German government.

https://www.americanthinker.co..._libs_of_toktok.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Tucker says he tracked the $ backing to a German govt intel organization...??!! WTH

Posts: 2789 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yup … zee gggerrrrmannnz!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The WaPo triggers the Streisand effect for Libs of TokTok
I'm doing my part.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good link from chellim, Tucker laid it all out pretty thoroughly last night. Like para, the whole story is mind boggling to me. This (apparently) young woman does nothing more than repost what far-left libs themselves posted on TikTok. For this the leftists are going full court press on her, including the WaPo influencer (she’s certainly not a reporter) outing her information in the paper leading to harassment of her and her family, causing her to go into hiding.

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Seems there would be folks on the right that got fed up and eventually started an "outting" service of their own, with people like Lorenz having their personal information repeatedly posted all over the interwebz.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be petty to do what you did to me back to you. I'm just saying it would potentially be extremely gratifying to see these types get back what they condone being done to others. Kinda like the "Ryan doctrine" from the Clancy novels, where if you as a leader (editor?) agree to let your underlings do a dastardly deed, it can be done back directly to you.... Maybe there are and I'm unaware?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’s completely… Wait for it… “Orwellian”

Anyone surprised? Wink

It’s just one more chapter in the book: “don’t believe your lying eyes”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So she actually contemplated suicide over this? Such a weak and feeble mind. The internet is unforgiving and it never forgets honey, it's forever. And it can be wielded in as many different ways as there are people. It's the playground of hard knocks if you can't take the knocks don't play.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
So she actually contemplated suicide over this?
Of course not.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
members who know nothing about all of this
I'm proud to say I'm in that category having successfully ignored all things Twitter and Tik Tok since their inception, a strategy I intend to continue, and no, I don't need to have anything explained, thanks anyway. Peace of mind feels better than righteous indignation. Smile

Posts: 6504 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Is there any encouragement that can be drawn from this story? I'd appreciate it. The hypocrisy. Wapo backing that bitch up. The girl who got doxxed. It disgusts and discourages me.

Year V

Posts: 2633 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The whole "Hate" thing that she and all these other libtards are crying about is such bullshit.

All Libs of TikTok does is literally share out TikTok video clips of mentally ill and woke idiot liberals. I guess they are nervous about more people taking notice of all these degenerates? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Good link from chellim, Tucker laid it all out pretty thoroughly last night. Like para, the whole story is mind boggling to me. This (apparently) young woman does nothing more than repost what far-left libs themselves posted on TikTok. For this the leftists are going full court press on her, including the WaPo influencer (she’s certainly not a reporter) outing her information in the paper leading to harassment of her and her family, causing her to go into hiding.

She's in her 40's but still hanging on to the hope of her early 20's.

Posts: 3664 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Seems there would be folks on the right that got fed up and eventually started an "outting" service of their own, with people like Lorenz having their personal information repeatedly posted all over the interwebz.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be petty to do what you did to me back to you. I'm just saying it would potentially be extremely gratifying to see these types get back what they condone being done to others. Kinda like the "Ryan doctrine" from the Clancy novels, where if you as a leader (editor?) agree to let your underlings do a dastardly deed, it can be done back directly to you.... Maybe there are and I'm unaware?
Personally I prefer the Sandman outcome for the LOTT creator and anyone else like her attacked by this garbage. The more coin taken off these morons the better. Who knows, eventually they might lose enough money to begin to rethink their nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post