SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's eating pancakes tonight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's eating pancakes tonight? Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
As long as I can remember, Maundy Thursday meant pancakes for dinner.

So it's pancakes, home cured bacon and maple syrup made by a friend for dinner. Anyone else?

Posts: 11228 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Had sausage, hash browns and eggs for supper, but no hot cakes. Frown

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Sorry, not tonight. I made pancakes for breakfast this morning though.

Posts: 1627 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had pancakes around 1pm with bacon and eggs

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

So it's pancakes, home cured bacon and maple syrup made by a friend for dinner. Anyone else?

Hmmm. I was raised Catholic, and I don't remember that. Was it a family thing of yours?

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:

Hmmm. I was raised Catholic, and I don't remember that. Was it a family thing of yours?

My mother went to Catholic boarding school but we weren't Catholic. I grew up in the Presbyterian church. Must have been a family thing but locally we've had pancake dinners on the Thursday of Holy Week.

Posts: 11228 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I didn’t get invited. Again!

Sharp smoked cheddar on toasted white with Duke’s.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mmmm . . . PANCAKES!

I take a bunch of pecans, chop coarsely, and mix into the pancake batter.

Bacon (of course!) and maple syrup.

Maybe an egg, maybe not.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My wife typically makes a Sunday brunch of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs and fruit plus real maple syrup.....we occasionally have this meal for dinner when too many Sundays are spent at the ballpark.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Blueberry pancakes...

Yummmmmmmm Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Buckwheat pancakes with choke-cherry syrup, pepper bacon, and over-easy fried eggs...breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite meals.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

Some churches have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday (the day before Ash Wednesday). Of course, New Orleans calls that day "Fat Tuesday".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

Posts: 2775 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Mmmm, buttermilk pancakes with real butter and maple syrup.

I am such a tease. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We picked up New Hope buttermilk pancake mix. Highly recommended.

https://newhopemills.com/products/buttermilk/

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd eat breakfast for lunch , three days a week , if Bonnie would allow it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54676 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Buckwheat pancakes with choke-cherry syrup, pepper bacon, and over-easy fried eggs...breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite meals.
Buckwheat, ugh! Not really a pancake person--I prefer waffles. Never had a "Maundy Thursday" habitual meal, and certainly not pancakes. We did have a "waffle supper" fairly often when I was growing up: waffles, maple syrup, bacon or patty sausage, and scrambled eggs. I really enjoyed those suppers. When I was young eggs in the morning didn't set well in my stomach, but they were OK at night. Now that I'm old (82) and on my own, I go to Waffle House about a couple of times a month for a "Waffle supper". I drink milk with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post