SIGforum
Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7910067524

June 15, 2017, 09:34 AM
Ryanp225
Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
The only sticker on my car says,
"Caution, driver may bail out at any time".
I don't do political or gun stuff because you WILL get vandalized.
June 15, 2017, 09:39 AM
Phelen_Kell
I don't have any on mine, I like the clean look. My brother has the Honor Our Fallen plates, and a police thing on his plate and a bunch of stickers of some chinese letters and japanese animals.

Someone did get angry at him after recognizing the police thing. He was in line at McDs getting ice cream for his kids and the guy was just screaming and my brother ignored him. Finally his daughter popped her head out the sunroof and told the guy to bring it. The crazy guy drove off.
June 15, 2017, 09:40 AM
Ironbutt
I have a 3X5" American flag on the rear window of my truck & a US Marine license plate on the front.

Those two alone would be enough for some deranged liberal to vandalize my vehicle. I don't need anything more provacative, like a NRA sticker or a Rebel flag.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
June 15, 2017, 09:40 AM
azranger45
It may be the times, but you don't want some scumbags lawyer showing pictures of your car with pro-gun stickers after you just shot some a$$hoe road rage fool. Saying to the jury, "look he was looking for trouble, just looking for the chance to shoot someone". Don't give the other side any additional info to use against you in case you have to go to court.
June 15, 2017, 09:41 AM
JALLEN
What you think is none of my business.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
June 15, 2017, 09:42 AM
parabellum
Some of you guys are just plain paranoid.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
June 15, 2017, 09:42 AM
chellim1
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I probably do not have a large enough set of data to draw meaningful conclusions, but it has been my observation that if a Democrat has political stickers on her / his vehicle, Republicans might mock her / him.

If a Republican has political stickers, Democrats might damage the vehicle, greet the driver with a friendly one-finger salute, or indulge in acts of road rage.

That's my experience too. The left has a double standard on everything. For them, it's an expression of belief. If it's a conservative sticker, it's an incitement to violence. Therefore, when they commit violence, it's your fault.

quote:
I have a "USNA" decal on the back window

I do too! But just on the old Tahoe, along with MIT, SLUH, Cor Jesu, and U. of Tulsa, supporting my kids and their schools.
The other cars are kept clean.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
June 15, 2017, 09:54 AM
jehzsa
At least since late 2005, an American flag plastic sticker on the inside middle-top of the front windshield and a dried palm leaf cross with a rose in the center hanging from the rearview center mirror.

No one has asked about the American flag. Few about the other.

I see no reason to remove them.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
June 15, 2017, 09:57 AM
LH2
Back in the 80's I kept a NRA sticker on my '66 Chevy pickup. But here in AZ in the 1980s, GDC's weren't a concern in the least.

Nowadays I don't have any decals on my vehicles.

Having a Trump sticker or gun sticker would probably make it a target of the commies or illegals we have so many of.

On the flip side, when I see a Hillary or Bernie sticker on a car, I immediately think "IDIOT!!!"
June 15, 2017, 09:57 AM
lkdr1989
Never been one to plaster my vehicles with stickers...only have my work parking sticker.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
June 15, 2017, 10:00 AM
46and2
No such emblems on my vehicle or clothes.

Unless I'm being paid handsomely to advertise.

So, never.
June 15, 2017, 10:03 AM
jaaron11
My only adornments are a University of Arizona window cling and a Missouri University of Science & Technology window cling. Not many people in Alabama would be offended by either. I prefer being a gray man on political and social issues. Plus, I like the look of a clean car.

J

Rak Chazak Amats
June 15, 2017, 10:03 AM
YellowJacket
I think the idea that a criminial would target a vehicle because of a gun sticker is probably way overblown. Might not be 0% correlation, but I'd guess it's pretty low. Might still be more risk that one is willing to take, though.

I don't have any gun stickers on my truck, but I have had them on past vehicles and don't give it a second thought. Half the trucks I see in Atlanta traffic every day have a firearm-related sticker so around here it doesn't make you stick out very much.

I have a Nautilus fly reels sticker on my truck and it has their slogan in big red letters "TESTED ON ANIMALS." Kinda surprised no SPCA/PETA/HSUS member has said anything to me yet.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
June 15, 2017, 10:35 AM
chellim1
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, never.

Sounds like it's time to begin your NASCAR career! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
June 15, 2017, 10:36 AM
bendable
SigForum.com is the only sticker I have on my blue LeSaber

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
June 15, 2017, 10:58 AM
Expert308
I have a Green Bay Packers logo sticker in the back window and a "My GSD is smarter than your honor student" bumper sticker. Otherwise nothing, I fall into the "don't give some a-hole a reason to think there might be a gun inside" camp.
June 15, 2017, 11:01 AM
leavemebe
Only one bumper sticker on my truck: "Not For Hire". Goes well with my "leave me be" mindset.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.
June 15, 2017, 11:16 AM
SIGSense
I humbly suggest not having any stickers, and being the boring car on the road. The Left/Dems are hunting down the Right/Conservatives and doing damage to them. Now they might not do anything while you're in your vehicle adorned with NRA/USCCA/Mitt Romney/Trump/Anti-Hillary & Obummer stickers..... but the moment you park---they'll attack. I firmly believe in everyone's right to free speech, but the Left has lost their bearings and begun to really become unhinged. Politics is their religion---because they have NO other.
June 15, 2017, 11:33 AM
signewt
"concealed" is ....well...."concealed"....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

June 15, 2017, 11:36 AM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, never.

Sounds like it's time to begin your NASCAR career! Smile
Sounds like a challenge to me. Post up some prices Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.