SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Army "cartoon" recruiting ad - I am not impressed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Army "cartoon" recruiting ad - I am not impressed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tacfoley:

I was being facetious or a smart mule in reference to the glorious one that Uncle Sam put out.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should reopen FOB Keating or Wolverine in AFG and ship this new breed of recruits there for 180 days. Call it OJT.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Official Tweet from CVN 78 - USS Gerald R. Ford

https://twitter.com/Warship_78...699978751860747?s=20

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
At some point it will be virtuous to stop virtue signalling. Then we can get back to sanity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29716 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

That's not the Navy that I was in. Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

That's not the Navy that I was in. Roll Eyes

Their motto:
Committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Should be:
Committed to the destruction of our nation's enemies.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Insanity. Truly, insanity. I guess we're going to have to get our ass kicked a few times before the people who are supposed to be in charge of maintaining the armed forces of the United States cut the idiotic, childish shit and get back to their job.

Unreal

Posts: 107664 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Insanity. Truly, insanity. I guess we're going to have to get our ass kicked a few times before the people who are supposed to be in charge of maintaining the armed forces of the United States cut the idiotic, childish shit and get back to their job.

Unreal

The Air Force is hosting drag shows on base now as well.

Nellis Air Force Base throws first-ever ‘Drag-u-Nellis’ drag show

A Nevada Air Force base hosted the first “Drag-u-Nellis” drag show in its history this month, said to be “an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community.”

Nellis Air Force Base, located 14 miles northeast of Las Vegas, said in a statement that the event took place at one of its on-base dining and entertainment clubs last Thursday.

An invitation shared to Twitter the day after the event listed Nellis Club as the event space and Nellis Top 3 as the hosts.

The invite also read: “Discover the significance of Drag in the LGBT+ Community.”

The event was timely, given that it occurred during Pride Month.

The group’s private Facebook page says they aim to “enhance the morale, esprit de corps, of all enlisted personnel assigned to the [99th Air Base] Wing and to facilitate cooperation between members of the top three enlisted grades.”

The Nellis Club offers a “versatile dining and entertainment experience for all its members,” according to the Nellis Force Support Squadron website.

In his statement, Nellis spokesman Lt. Col. Bryon McGarry said the event “was sponsored by a private organization and provided an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community.”

The private organization in question is the Nellis Air Force Base Pride committee. The committee focuses on diversity and inclusion initiatives and consists of volunteers from across the base.

“Ensuring our ranks reflect and are inclusive of the American people is essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military,” his statement continued. “Nellis Air Force Base is committed to providing and championing an environment that is characterized by equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion.”

- John Adams

posted Hide Post
On the other site that I frequent, one of the members posted that the 82nd All American ABN posted a nice whoop De Doo Pride picture and statement

This is getting to be ridiculous and making the military more of a joke than it is.

I find it ironic that all through boot camp soldiers, sailors, marines etc... are preached, drilled in unity, esprit de corps, and everyone is the same.

Then they dedicate each month to a certain demographic and state how special they are.

I am so fed up with the government and military. After spending 10months with my current unit, I put my paperwork in to transfer to the IRR>
The last straw was when we had the stand down and had basically what I will call attack whitey training. Sure lets target the one demographic of people who make up 90% of the combat arms units.

I would really like to know what Putin, the Chinese, ISIS etc.. think when they she this garbage.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I would really like to know what Putin, the Chinese, ISIS etc.. think when they she this garbage.
I think we already know. They are planning their attacks.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder why the video's comments are turned off?

I guess because the left only allows the indoctrination...discussion...to go one way.

195K dislikes. Looks like the 98% are making their voices heard. Too bad no one at the Pentagon or WH is listening.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Air Force is hosting drag shows on base now as well.

Nellis Air Force Base throws first-ever ‘Drag-u-Nellis’ drag show

A Nevada Air Force base hosted the first “Drag-u-Nellis” drag show in its history this month, said to be “an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community...”

The hypocrisy here is amazing!!! It is ground breaking, and 'woke' and totally acceptable to hold a 'drag show' on Nellis, but if the base were to attempt to put on a similar show with real women the media would be up in arms about the military objectifying women.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Nevada Air Force base hosted the first “Drag-u-Nellis” drag show in its history this month, said to be “an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community.”

You have to be shitting me.

Damn glad I can put "RET" after my name.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:

You have to be shitting me.

Damn glad I can put "RET" after my name.
me, too, brother! Me, too! Retired (O-3) 41 years ago.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post