SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SCAM ALERT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCAM ALERT Login/Join 
posted
I noticed several hundred $$ charge from FEDEX. They said it was 5 shipments from 5 different locations in the US to somewhere in Arizona. Last week, same scenario happened to a friend. Not sure how FEDEX is allowing this, but it seems to be the scam of the month.

Keith Greene

Posts: 196 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: April 13, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it showing up on a credit card, or is it just an emailed bill?

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Credit card. The bank and Fedex are now investigating and a new card it being sent from the bank.

Keith Greene

Posts: 196 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: April 13, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I once got 12 bills in the mail on the same day from UPS. Totalled over 3k. I called UPS and they told me to disregard the bills. It was a common scam from China; they make up thousandsof fake accounts and get free shipping until the accountsget flagged and shut down.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1047 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just verify it is real, not a phishing scam.
If it does not show up on the credit card then disregard.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first time getting the old we have a package for you just call this number and answer all these questions ,e-mail the other day.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I placed an online order at Lowes for a showerhead which was about $80. Picked it up and within 2 weeks had a charge at Lowes on the CC I had used for over 3K. Disputed it and a day later another for 5K showed up, again at Lowes. I’m convinced that it was someone who worked at Lowes who was able to access my CC info from that online order, but I doubt the company ever did any investigation. Big bills like that definitely get your attention!

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post