SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boat Brand I.D.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boat Brand I.D.? Login/Join 
Picture of Redleg06
posted
Does anyone know the brand of this boat? I grabbed the image from a video taken in Sucia Island's Echo Bay, in Washington.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like a C-Dory.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Similar but not a C-Dory.
If I had to guess I would say it is a home built dory of some sort. Looks like a comfortable cruiser.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
It does in a way. We've been looking at C-Dorys and the general lines of this one remind me of them a little bit. I'm hoping that these guys might make a different model that's closer to the C-Dory.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's home built. I saw a smaller version of this style boat sitting on a trailer 15-20 years ago. It had an inboard diesel engine and this one also appears to have an inboard.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70's I lusted after a Cape Dory sailboat.
They were well built with classic lines.

Posts: 9535 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Need someone to run the registration numbers. Wink

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Ranger R21. Not built any more by Ranger Tugs, so you would have to find a used one.

Here are a bunch of listings.

https://www.smartmarineguide.c...-sale/ranger-tugs-21

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Thanks, ArtieS! That looks just like exactly the one I remembered seeing before and a dead on match for this one. SF members rock!

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"