SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Down on luck Loren Krytzer who sold blanket for $1.5 million has new woes.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Down on luck Loren Krytzer who sold blanket for $1.5 million has new woes. Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Wow, am I supposed to be sorry for this guy? He was dead broke and sells this blanket he inherited from his grandmother for 1.5 million dollars and then goes on a spending spree. What a fucking idiot. Check out all the stuff he spent his money on including two homes, a Dodge Challenger SRT9 customized by West Coast Customs, and a new Harley.

But oops, the insurance and property taxes are killing him and his disability was cut off. Roll Eyes Didn't think out that part did you Loren? Gee how about selling one of those homes maybe or one of those shiny new toys. You expected to still be on the dole courtesy of working tax payers after that kind of windfall?

http://www.inticweb.com/top-st...s-new-woes-971-2017/

Loren Krytzer, a California man down on his luck got a change of fortune after a blanket he inherited from his grandmother sold for nearly $1.5 million at an auction.

Loren Krytzer was involved in a car accident in 2007, after which he was forced to have his foot amputated and could no longer continue working as a carpenter.

After having used most of his newfound fortune buying two homes in Central California, a Dodge Challenger SRT8 customized by West Coast Customs (the team made famous in MTV’s Pimp My Ride), and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle — things he never dreamt of owning before. Krytzer says, he is losing about $10,000 a year in insurance and property taxes alone.

With no income stream now that his disability checks were cut off, Krytzer says that to continue living off his windfall he’ll have to relocate to somewhere where the costs of living are lower.

“We’re getting taxed to death here. I can’t afford it,” he says. “I’m from California, I grew up here, but without working, it’s just hard to survive.”

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, find it hard to feel sorry for him.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's typical for many lottery winners and others who get an unexpected windfall.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the blanket.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but without working, it’s just hard to survive.”

Can't work with your disability, but you can drive a supercar and ride a Harley? Go fuck yourself, deadbeat.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I started a help page for him.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Isn't this the story of how after buying a home, you invest? Maybe not be a bum? I got a few pointers/people I know who work with those type of things.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
but without working, it’s just hard to survive.”

Can't work with your disability, but you can drive a supercar and ride a Harley? Go fuck yourself, deadbeat.

No kidding. Maybe he should have first looked into a prosthetic for his foot or getting re educated or better yet both.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's typical for many lottery winners and others who get an unexpected windfall.

People smart enough to not piss away their winnings don't often play the lottery.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
All that and he's cold too, since he no longer had a blanket.

Schmuck.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So you use a few of the dollars from the windfall and get a prosthetic foot, then get a job like you had before.
He's not lacking in luck, just motivation.

Posts: 9519 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

A rare Navajo blanket, this is the one he sold.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bath towel in my hamper.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is a reason some people are poor.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We’re getting taxed to death here. I can’t afford it,” he says. “I’m from California, I grew up here, but without working, it’s just hard to survive.”

Looks like he has seen the folly of wealth redistribution and is moving out.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbaker45:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

A rare Navajo blanket, this is the one he sold.

Apparently when it was made, in the 1800s, it cost roughly 10 years worth of salary for even the rich folks.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I started a help page for him.

I was expecting a Rick Roll Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I know a guy who humbly worked as a grocery store butcher his whole working career. He graduated from high school and went right to work. He saved and invested from every paycheck to the point that it hurt. Little by little over the years he became a millionaire. He has his pension from the meat packing union, but it is survival money. His real wealth came from careful delayed gratification and investing conservatively. Having done that, when opportunities came to make greater money, he had the assets to capitalize. After 40 years in the meat biz as a lowly butcher, he retired a few years ago. He will always be wealthy because he earned it and learned how as he went. Loren Krytzer is a fool. He wasted his opportunity. He did not learn the lessons my friend did and hence the wealth was fleeting.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post