SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mailbox round post brackets are made of unobtainium
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mailbox round post brackets are made of unobtainium Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted
I'm replacing my parents' mailbox which is mounted on a 2" steel post. If you have the bracket that accomplishes that and your screws haven't rusted it onto the mailbox, congratulations, you have a unicorn. Evidently only 4" posts are used now and mailboxes don't come with any bracket. I've been to Lowe's a d Wal-Mart so far, a Lowe's employee suggested Amazon. Next up is Ace and Orscheln's, maybe True Value, if none of those work, old box is going back on with new letters until next time I am home.

Posts: 2527 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm probably talking about something I know nothing about here, but could you use 2" water pipe and a floor flange?

Something like this:

God bless America.

Posts: 13521 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Could you mount wood to existing post, and mailbox to new wood?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15731 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I ended up finding a new bracket that came with the post at Ace, $24 but immense time and hassle saved. The pipe us now two piece aluminium and the frilly decoration under the mailbox is plastic instead of metal. I kept the mounting hardware kit and donated the rest.

Posts: 2527 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post