SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help finding a car part. Connector pin for passenger side mirror glass to motor. 2012 Ford Explorer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help finding a car part. Connector pin for passenger side mirror glass to motor. 2012 Ford Explorer. Login/Join 
Picture of was0311
posted
Mirror got smacked on the garage door jamb (Another story).

Anyway, glass didn't break, everything snapped back into place except one plastic / nylon "connector" pin, it was busted in two pieces.

There are three of these pins that connect the mirror to the motor. What are they called and better yet where can I find some?

Cheers.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
You can try here: https://www.oemfordpart.com/au...outside-mirrors-scat but frequently the type of small part I think you're describing isn't available separately. (Note that I chose a trim at random; work thru the site yourself to make sure the vehicle shown is same as yourn.)

If you have to replace the whole thing try car-part.com

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Looks like the motor comes with the pins. That is what I was having a hard time discerning.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:
Thanks. Looks like the motor comes with the pins. That is what I was having a hard time discerning.

Find a place that specializes in changing window motors and regulators. They probably have some pins laying around.....the dealership might also if you go to the body shop area and ask a mechanic.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a hard to locate connector from this place.
http://www.repairconnector.com/

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Also www.car-parts.com Of course, this will get you the whole mirror, not the little connector...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post