SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    University of Kansas apologizes after Snoop Dogg’s show featuring pole dancers, profanity

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
University of Kansas apologizes after Snoop Dogg’s show featuring pole dancers, profanity Login/Join 
posted
Hmmmm. Now this is funny. I bet it was a hit with the players and the kids, but considering the NCAA violations that is not something Kansas wanted. The story makes reference to his next venue being a marijuana dispensary. I wonder if Les Miles attended the event?

Kansas Jayhawks athletic director Jeff Long issued an apology Friday night following Snoop Dogg’s raucous performance at an annual university event that included pole dancers.

The hip-hop artist’s appearance at the “Late Night in the Phog” kickoff at the University of Kansas caused controversy when Snoop, wearing a blue No. 20 Kansas jersey, sang to a cheering crowd while backed by dancers twirling around stripper poles.

He also shot a money gun full of fake $100 bills with his face on them during his performance at the end of the basketball preseason celebration.

“We apologize for the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night,” Long said in a statement. “We made it clear to the entertainers’ managers that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show.”

Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self spoke to reporters after the event on Friday and said he was caught off-guard by the performance, which he thought would be “radio-edited”.

“That’s not the direction that anybody at our school would want that to go at all,” Self said. “Regardless of the entertainment that it provided many, it was still not the right way to provide the entertainment.”

The Jayhawks coach missed the majority of the performance because he wasn’t feeling well, but said he didn’t know there would be pole dancers or a money gun.

While Snoop’s performance was met with loud screams and excited fans asking for autographs, Self and Long were not prepared for what Snoop would bring to the court.

“I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all the details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening,” said Long.

Last week, the Kansas Jayhawks were charged by the NCAA with five Level I and two Level II violations, including a lack of institution control charge and a violation of coaching responsibilities standard.

In the midst of the controversy, Snoop Dogg will be holding a free concert on Saturday at the grand opening of Hotbox Farms, a marijuana dispensary in Ontario, Oregon.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/10/05/u...e-dancers-profanity/

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Shocked I am that Snoop Dogg's show included something a university found inappropriate.

Did they really expect a polite clean show show. Foolish are they.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And what did these savants really think they were going to get out of Mr Dogg? He ain't exactly a mystery...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Making great decisions at Kansas. Arkansas I am sure is begging for his return.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hey... those women were ARTISTS!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
WTF. This is college. Everyone is over 18. No need to apologize for anything.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I would not of imagined he was still in action. Must of got a big discount. Idiots, all of them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19769 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during the brain-storming or, planning session for this. Big Grin

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Inviting Snoop Dogg and expecting him to act respectable is about like inviting Damon Wayans' "homeless man" character to a party and expecting him to act like something other than what he is.

Snoop Dogg is pond scum.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Man. Glad I went to college when it wasn’t lame.

I barely survived the 5 years of drunken debauchery. Best time ever. Anymore, seems like a dude or dudette would get in trouble for half the shit we did, most of which was nude, or partially nude in public.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post