SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My quick and dirty hot beef sandwich. Photo is of the one I made a couple of weeks ago, but today's looked the same.
52039121064_0be07c0e53_o-1 by David Casteel, on Flickr

1 ea 13oz can of Hereford roast beef and gravy
2 slices wheat bread
1 container of leftover green beans from a prior order-in meal

heat beef and gravy in a pan, break up large lumps
heat green beans in the microwave
toast the bread

cut one toast slice into triangles, arrange toast on platter
empty hot green beans onto platter
empty hot beef onto toast and smooth out

Voila! (Yum!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
That looks great I love hot beef sandwiches and gravy.

Did brats and burgers on the titan grill tonight with charcoal and apple wood splits.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cast iron pan prepared NY Strip steak with onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Salad side (Caesar dressing over iceberg and romaine lettuce with cucumbers and Roma tomatoes seasoned with celery seed and fresh ground tellicherry black pepper). Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these slicers for chicken breasts:

https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-S...t/dp/B075FY5DXM?th=1

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bald 1, that looks mighty tasty!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Soft-shelled blue crabs seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little Old Bay seasoning; then dusted with some AP flour/corn meal and sautéed in clarified butter.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Jim that's gorgeous looking. I don't eat them, but that makes me want to.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jim agreed that they look great!

Never have had the pleasure as getting them fresh between when they shed their shells and start growing new ones isn't something you get at a supermarket. In my neck of the woods our fishmonger would have to have them flown in. When we're seeing near $40/lb for Halibut fish cheeks (hell even local Walleye fish cheeks are near the same price), one could imagine what fresh soft shell blue crabs would run here. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Bought Publix Chicken Fingers, Boars Head smoked Gouda Cheese and made Chicken Fingers subs oh and you can't forget the Publix Coleslaw.
For those who do not know Publix is the largest supermarket chain in Florida.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Dinner prep. Prime short ribs headed for braising …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I left our house in Florida at 7:00pm Friday and 1,600 miles later arrived at our Michigan house at 12:30am Sunday. I ate some sausages and eggs at the hotel Saturday morning and that was it until 12:40am Sunday morning. Using what was left in the pantry from last summer, I made Kraft Easy Mac and Cheese mixed with a can of Vienna Sausage Bites. Dessert was a package of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa mix directly from the packet. When I wake up later this morning, I’m going to the restaurant down the street for some real food.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Short ribs look amazing. One of my favorites!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Beautiful food. Ya'll done flung a cravin on me.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pulled pork, but I started too late and snacked too much while pulling it, so I just had a sammy with no sides.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Trade some short ribs, for some smoked pulled pork!

Big Grin

~Robert A. Heinlein

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ Although the pulled pork turned out excellent, you'd be getting the short end of the bargain.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Smile

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Here you go Bald1
Sorry for the Delay
1 cup mozzarella
1 cup Shredded Parmesan
1 egg
1 teaspoon of garlic Powder (We like a little more)
mix together line a backing sheet with parchment paper flatten and shape to desired thinkness into a pizza crust.
Bake 15 minutes at 350 Degrees without toppings.
Add Topping bake until toppings are hot add cheese Broil top until brown

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:

1 cup mozzarella
1 cup Shredded Parmesan
1 egg
1 teaspoon of garlic Powder (We like a little more)
mix together line a backing sheet with parchment paper flatten and shape to desired thickness into a pizza crust.
Bake 15 minutes at 350 Degrees without toppings.
Add toppings (e.g. Bacon, Italian Sausage, Ground beef, Banana peppers and onions, etc.) and bake until toppings are hot. Then add cheese. Broil top until brown.

Thanks Mike... quite interesting; gonna have to try it! Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192