SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
My wife's favorite restaurant is a Mexican place near us called 'Los Hermanos'. Since tomorrow is her birthday, tonight I made her favorite Los Hermanos dinner - chicken chimichangas, rice and beans. Everything in the pic was homemade, including the tortillas.

Followed by cinnamon rolls I made this morning:

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I hope that your, and my, supper turn out the way we hope it will.

Plenty of Hatch chopped HOT green chilies!!

Mine came out very well. Turns out a new jar of Extra Hot Horseradish actually was extra hot, which is different. Loved it.

How was yours?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was AWESOME!! The ribeye looked good uncooked with good marbling, but you never know until you grill it. I could not have asked for a better steak. I know about AJ Meats, but have never shopped there. I hear good things about them, and may need to give them a try.

I actually have 1/2 of the steak and the spinach bake leftover for another meal!!! Ah, life is good!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Mine was AWESOME!! The ribeye looked good uncooked with good marbling, but you never know until you grill it. I could not have asked for a better steak. I know about AJ Meats, but have never shopped there. I hear good things about them, and may need to give them a try.
I actually have 1/2 of the steak and the spinach bake leftover for another meal!!! Ah, life is good!!

Their meats are very expensive, but get on their mailing list (email) and they'll tell you when they have a sale.

They have 50% off Prime and/or Choice beef 2 or 3 times a year and that's when we stock up. I've eaten a lot of steaks in my life all over the United States and in Japan and while I've eaten steaks equal to AJs, I've never had one better, that's how good they are.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
From last week sometime, awesome quesadillas.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted in a bit...
We've been prolly in a little rut and jetlag from visiting family was very rough, this time.

Tonight, we made a dish after seeing it made on TV Japan: chugokufumisoiitame (chinese style miso stir fry). It's kind of a riff on Mabo Tofu, which y'all have seen here before.

Lots of garlic and ginger carefully sauteed in sesame oil, then ground pork, dried shiitake mushrooms, Japanese leeks, Japanese cabbage, tobanjan red chili paste, tenmenjan sauce, adding black bean and garlic sauce (when we ran out of the tenmenjan), Japanese sake, soy sauce, salt and pepper, sugar, and some patience.

I played assistant sous chef and did the stove work. Pretty much was wondering what this was gonna be, but it turned out great and VERY spicy! The shiitake mushrooms were surprisingly delicious with having absorbed the flavors of the dish.

We'll be having it again, tomorrow. Be warned, it makes rice disappear Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
American Wagyu burgers with bacon and Brie on top. Second time in last couple weeks making these, I'm in love.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
...awesome quesadillas.

Speaking of which, I made philly cheesesteak quesadillas tonight from this recipe:

https://natashaskitchen.com/ph...k-quesadilla-recipe/

Not quite sure what I was expecting, but they turned out great! I added some Montreal to the meat when cooking and some horseradish to the mayo to give it a little extra zip.

Pretty easy to make and a darned good dinner.

I finished it off with some homemade pralines for dessert. I need to stop making them things as I'll eat all of them in a day or two. Maybe I'll start adding some insulin to the recipe.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This was breakfast this morning, not dinner. Edwards country ham/red-eye gravy, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried grits, and eggs.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Made spaghetti and meatballs last night using my favorite new technique for cooking the meatballs:

Instead of baking them or pan frying, I heat my sauce up to a simmer and drop the raw meatballs into the pan and cover them in the sauce, then cover pan with layer of wax paper (to keep the acidic sauce from eating the foil) then aluminum foil and into the oven at 275 for 3 or so hours. The meatballs cook right in the sauce, they plump up and are really tender and delicious.

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of which, I made philly cheesesteak quesadillas tonight from this recipe:

Sounds awesome.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

That reminded me. Best Philly Cheesesteak I ever had was in a Mom and Pop Korean Restaurant in San Francisco in 1998.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight was yakisoba!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Chicken and mushroom orzo with steamed cabbage.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a work-from-home day, so I put a chuck roast in the smoker. About 4-1/2 hours, with a mix of mesquite and hickory chips, 50-50 water and apple juice in the bowl. After that, it was wrapped in foil and towels to hang out in the mini-cooler for two hours. I had a salad ready, and figured I'd eat on that for a few days.

Two friends showed up, so we all ate well. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13410 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Tonight was yakisoba!

I'm not being critical but for some reason (I don't know why), when I look at that, I want to say chow mein instead of yakisoba.

But now I'm suddenly craving Osaka style okonomiyaki. For which the closest thing around here that I can get is probably a Korean style seafood pajeon

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
American Wagyu burgers with bacon and Brie on top. Second time in last couple weeks making these, I'm in love.

Drooling.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Our local grocery has had fresh butchered tri-tips the last few times I've stopped by. Bordered by BBQ seasoned grilled shrimp and appropriate protection.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Yesterday was a work-from-home day, so I put a chuck roast in the smoker.

AKA Poor Man's Brisket, right?

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When done correctly, a chuck roast done in a smoker is awesome!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post