SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Gonna try something quite different in a few days: daikon "steaks"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Nothing special. Cooked tilapia in air fryer and made yellow rice and asparagus.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thin ribeye rolls, king oyster mushrooms, grape tomatoes, cilantro, Montreal steak seasoning. Smile

Q

Posts: 26460 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For supper, it will be a grilled thick pork country style rib with seasoned rub. Potatoes O'Brien, and Glory brand green beans and potatoes cooked together with bacon and onions. White Pita bread.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sinagong soup, with pork belly.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Brioche slider buns, mayo, provolone cheese, carne picatta seasoned, onions, mushrooms, more cheese, oven 350 till melted.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Shrimp and crab in a creamy cheese sauce (kinda like a Thermidor or Newburg), stir fried veggies in a hoisin-oyster sauce, and rice.

And since we had shrimp and crab out, a large batch of seafood salad was made for the week's lunches. Plenty of lemon juice and celery, along with some parsley, fresh ground tellicherry, and other seasoning with Blue Plate mayo. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mixed seafood fried rice

Q

Posts: 26460 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn Q! That looks amazing!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Yes it does.
It makes me want Fried rice

Posts: 1605 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Beef Meat loaf on the Weber Kettle. Green bean casserole and my wife's deviled eggs.

Posts: 1605 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Doc,
That fried rice of yours has me wanting to place making some in our queue! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
For Sunday supper, we have hickory smoked baby back ribs, baked "marble" potatoes, and baby Brussels Sprouts with blue cheese dressing. Then try to stay awake to watch the drag races.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Cold, windy, rainy... Perfect day for some goulash.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
96° for the high here today. I fixed myself a big trough of green salad with cottage cheese and curry ranch dressing on it. Sorry no picture, but it was horrible looking anyway.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Some good looking pics up there. Yum.

I used to go to a restaurant a long time ago. One of my favorites was the filet with this peppercorn sauce. I've always thought it to be unique to the restaurant. Decades later, I've come to realize that it is filet au poivre.

I cooked it myself for the first time and it came out well for a first attempt. But it came out a little too spicy. Not sure if I should just use less peppercorns or if I should find a different varietal of peppercorns (is this a thing?).

Man, I wish I knew decades ago.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12750 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I just use Tellicherry peppercorns for my pepper cream sauce, and minced shallots for a little extra zip.

I love the stuff and will often make it with tri-tip, but it's good with pretty much any beef.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Brazilian style hot dogs. They get creative down there...

I used a fork and knife for one of them. Brazilian dogs get messy with all the red sauce that's used. They sometimes put peas and mashed potatoes on their dogs.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a good weightlifting session last evening my wife and I made good ‘ole meatloaf 90/10 ground beef w/ some mashed potatoes and corn. Simple fare, but it tasted so good.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post