SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A variation of chicken saltimbocca with asparagus over mushroom risotto. The PERFECT meal for a cool rainy day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Skins just gave me a great idea for a memorial day lunch/dinner. Thanks!

Posts: 7556 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
did not get a pic,

2 ribeyes, rare cooked over charcoal,
baby broccoli sauteed then steamed till done,
few taters

big glass of water

got a pint of local oysters and a tub of local crabmeat to start on tomorrow

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I think Skins just gave me a great idea for a memorial day lunch/dinner. Thanks!

Nothing like a meat lolly pop.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Chicken with mushrooms and garlic in a lemon and white wine sauce.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Tigers were on kicking the white sox. Then made some beer brats along side some redskin tater salad and fruit.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy. Chili (with beans like the good Lord intended) topped with cheddar and onion. Sopped up with some homemade sourdough and butter.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grilled flat iron steak, black beans, yellow rice, and some elote off the cob.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy....grilled 1/4 lb. Nathan's hot dog, split on a deli roll with chili, chopped green onion tops, cheese, mustard, and a bit of shaved lettuce. Have that while I watch my taped Monaco Grand Prix.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
The wife made spring rolls, they did not last long. Big Grin

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh my Butch! Your wife's spring rolls look delectable! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
The wife made spring rolls,

Can't say as I've ever had those. Do you eat the wrapper too...like an egg roll? And what is the sauce?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Can't say as I've ever had those. Do you eat the wrapper too...like an egg roll? And what is the sauce?

Those look to be Vietnamese style (Gỏi Cuốn) spring rolls using rice paper for edible wrappers. Dipping bowl contents could be traditional red peanut sauce.
They are absolutely delicious!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
No pics, but I smoked baby back ribs for lunch.

I kept the smoker going and just put on some bacon cheese burgers made from prime beef. Bacon and cheese chunks/cubes right in the patties. Reverse seared it by taking it indoors and doing the last 15 degrees in a hot skillet.

Pored it with egg plant I harvested from my garden and roasted it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Last evening it was salad, porterhouse steak & baked potatoes. Tonight, Nathan's hot dogs on Martin's potato rolls, & Bush'e baked beans.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
The wife made spring rolls,

Yes you eat the whole thing. Dipped in a sauce of Hoisin, peanuts and chili.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wife made spring rolls, they did not last long. Big Grin

Dude! Those look amazing!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
No pictures as not anything I “made”. I bought them pre-ready and grilled them. Pork cross-cut ribs and bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with jalapeños and cheese. Did potato salad, Cole slaw, and steamed corn on the cob for the sides. First time having that type of rib and they were inexpensive and good. They only took 30 minutes to grill due to thinness.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here's another take on those Gỏi Cuốn spring rolls where some pork belly is used as well as shrimp!
This is how I've had them before. YUM

https://www.hungryhuy.com/how-...namese-spring-rolls/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Biscuits 'n gravy for breakfast.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post