SIGforum
What did you make for dinner?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860051864

April 12, 2020, 05:37 PM
GT-40DOC
What did you make for dinner?
Tonight I am doing a Country style Rib with my rib rub, done on the grill. Also, a baked potato with the fixins, and butter beans with bacon. Pita bread, and ice Cream for dessert.
April 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
ersatzknarf
We had king crab legs and bulgogi with lots of extra onions added. Sorry, no photos. We only have the crab legs twice a year, but they are really very good, but not inexpensive. The bulgogi goes a long way and we'll have it, again, tomorrow. Costco really has quality food.

A few folks asked about the tiny, dried shrimp, "sakura ebi," so here's a photo of the package:

It really adds to the flavor.

April 12, 2020, 06:53 PM
darthfuster
No pix because everyone was hungry and didn’t want to wait for me to set up pix with protection, but I grilled some 1.25 inch ribeyes with boiled corn on the cob and a baked creamed cauliflower dish topped with fresh thyme sprigs. Shrimp scampi was a side entree for those who like sea bugs. One of the DF family (not me) drank my last Dr Pepper yesterday without telling me so I drank ice water. No room for the ice cream sundaes I planned. Maybe later tonight....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
April 12, 2020, 06:57 PM
asonie
I smoked a brisket and a pork shoulder. The wife made sweet potato casserole and a salad.

It did not suck.
April 12, 2020, 07:32 PM
P250UA5
Hawaiian kabobs. Chicken, onion, green bell, pineapple.

The Enemy's gate is down.
April 12, 2020, 07:36 PM
parallel
Not for dinner so much as an appetizer. Easter dinner consisted of the usual dishes. This cedar plank salmon fillet with garlic rosemary butter cooked on the big green Egg was a hit.

A penny saved is a government oversight.
April 12, 2020, 07:49 PM
OKCGene
I wish I could say I made reservations for dinner, but that's not happening.

I have stuffed bell peppers from Costco, and they are delicious.
April 12, 2020, 09:59 PM
Beancooker
Smoked a pork shoulder and made some cheddar jalapeño biscuits.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
April 12, 2020, 10:14 PM
Erick85
We had my wife’s fried chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and freshly gathered (like earlier today) sautéed morels. Delicious.
April 12, 2020, 11:13 PM
mbliss57
I made dinner for my wife one of our daughters and our granddaughter. Traditional Easter.

Ham
Potatoes
Yams
Corn
Pie

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA
April 12, 2020, 11:25 PM
1lowlife
I brined a whole chicken over night, cut it in half and grilled it for dinner.
Had it with grilled corn on the cob, Bush's steakhouse beans, steamed broccoli, and beer cheese sauce.
That was Easter dinner here.
April 12, 2020, 11:28 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Looks good.
I found anytime I kabobed chicken next to pineapple it tasted chalky.
I started grilling the pineapple by itself.

Am I doing soemthing wrong?
April 13, 2020, 08:39 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Looks good.

We keep the marinade & brush it on a few times while it's cooking. Other than that, we've never had any unsavory flavors in ours, apart from an ocasional bit of charred sauce.

The Enemy's gate is down.
April 13, 2020, 09:31 AM
1lowlife
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Looks good.

We keep the marinade & brush it on a few times while it's cooking. Other than that, we've never had any unsavory flavors in ours, apart from an ocasional bit of charred sauce.

OK, thank you..
April 15, 2020, 06:22 PM
ersatzknarf
We made my wife's favorite ramen...

Tahn-men, with sauteed thinly sliced pork, carrots, wood ear mushrooms, cabbage, and bean sprouts, in a fantastic broth and using fresh ramen noodles.

It was a very warming dish for a snowy day in Michigan Smile

(we made yaki-soba, last night, but forgot to take a photo in time, before it disappeared) Wink

April 15, 2020, 07:24 PM
StorminNormin
Tonight I am trying to go through some of my old food stock. I have Ramen noodles that “expired” 2 years ago but I have been having them and they are just fine.

This was a spur of the moment meal with what I have on hand so it doesn’t have everything I would like. I am boiling sliced onions, cabbage, and frozen mixed vegetables in chicken broth. I will then add shredded chicken I made the other day along with the Ramen noodles and have me a good soup! Of course I will add some Sauces to add flavor. I wish I had bean sprouts and fresh sliced jalapeños to add, but oh well.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
April 15, 2020, 07:28 PM
Skins2881
Spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. No pics because it's pretty boring looking. For lunch made favorite breakfast/brunch again. Yum. If not for the time and amount of butter involved I'd eat this almost every day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
April 15, 2020, 07:31 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight I am trying to go through some of my old food stock. I have Ramen noodles that “expired” 2 years ago but I have been having them and they are just fine.

This was a spur of the moment meal with what I have on hand so it doesn’t have everything I would like. I am boiling sliced onions, cabbage, and frozen mixed vegetables in chicken broth. I will then add shredded chicken I made the other day along with the Ramen noodles and have me a good soup! Of course I will add some Sauces to add flavor. I wish I had bean sprouts and fresh sliced jalapeños to add, but oh well.

So you like to use leftover meat and veggies to ramen to make easy meal too. Wife thought I was nuts first time I did it. Now she still thinks I'm nuts but likes it when I make it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
April 15, 2020, 08:28 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

So you like to use leftover meat and veggies to ramen to make easy meal too. Wife thought I was nuts first time I did it. Now she still thinks I'm nuts but likes it when I make it.

Heck yeah. It is a great way to use leftovers and it was so good. I like Vietnamese Pho Ga, so this is a cheesy interpretation of it. I wish I would have had more vegetables to add, but I used what I had.

April 15, 2020, 09:18 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. No pics because it's pretty boring looking. For lunch made favorite breakfast/brunch again. Yum. If not for the time and amount of butter involved I'd eat this almost every day.

Okay you have peaked my interest. Do you have a recipe you can share? I noticed your latest pic had no bacon....shame....shame. Big Grin

Edit: I saw your post on how tou make these so disregard recipe request. I will try to make it tomorrow morning.

What are the round things on the side? I am thinking they are the bread holes removed for the eggs.