SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^We love scallops.

So far the only way we've tried them is on my Weber kettle. We sprinkle them with a garlic salt from Germany (Bad Reichenhaller Knoblauchsalz): https://www.euro-goodies.com.h..._89&products_id=2265

Then I make an aluminum foil "tray" and melt Plugra butter in it: https://plugra.com/

Sear the scallops and it's a wonderful meal.

We'll have to try your method sometime.

Posts: 2766 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seared scallops in oven casserole dish

I am going to have to call BS on this post. No way the scallops would last from seared state to be put into a casserole or I'd have to cook twice as many to account for tasting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 17989 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Seared scallops in oven casserole dish

I am going to have to call BS on this post. No way the scallops would last from seared state to be put into a casserole or I'd have to cook twice as many to account for tasting.

Well you're WRONG Jesse. They all made it into the oven before our stomachs! Big Grin

Was surprised at the subtle flavor the onion-clove-bay leaf gave to the sauce. Made my standard thickness sauce which should have been made thinner for this dish as the panko soaked up so much moisture.

Verdict? A solid two thumbs up. Scallops were tender, juicy and flavorful with the sauce nicely complementing them. Certainly a departure from my normal seared scallops served with fresh lemon wedges.

Making the spiced bechemal

Quick pan searing the scallops in butter

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 12759 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You are a stronger man than I am, those things look like they need heavy sampling.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 17989 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You are a stronger man than I am, those things look like they need heavy sampling.

In my old age I've developed a lot of restraint born of decades of experience. LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 12759 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shrimp and cheese grits

Posts: 3106 | Location: San Marcos,Tx. | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Had a hankerin' for spaghetti aglio e olio, but since I'm keto-ing, that was out. Then I thought, why not make it with spaghetti squash? So...I did.

It was almost better than with pasta. I'll be making that again.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 16532 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I know this is nothing new, and a number of you guys have talked about smash burgers in the past. I've tried SmashBurger® before, was not impressed. Homemade ones on the other hand, heaven. I liked them so much I've had them 3x in the last week. If you've been on the fence do it, I didn't have a griddle, but wifey wanted me to make some after seeing a YouTube video. I got this one for $22 from Costco. Works great! Wipe it with a handful of paper towels before it cools and and comes perfectly clean, nothing sticks, just wash with soap and water after it cools completely. It's also available from Amazon for $34.

What you end up with is a juicy yet slightly crunchy gift from God. It defies all thought, you smash it but it's still juicy. You lose the charcoal and burnt fat taste, but it's replaced with the entire surface having a maillard reaction and the resulting flavor is amazing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My classic Shrimp Boil.

1 gallon water
1/2 cup Old Bay or your favorite seafood seasoning (Zatarains, etc.)
1 bottle of beer
2 tablespoons salt
2 lemons cut in wedges
6 smashed garlic cloves

Bring that to a boil in a large stock pot. Then add:

2 sweet onions cut in wedges
12 little Red Potatoes (whole) or 8 medium Red cut in quarters.
Cook 8 minutes

Add 2 pounds of Smoked Beef Sausage
Cook 5 minutes

Add 8 ears of corn cut in half (thawed frozen ears of corn thawed works in winter when fresh isn't available.
Cook 7 minutes

Add 4 pounds of unpeeled JUMBO shrimp (can be frozen)
Cook until Shrimp just turns pink.

Drain and dump on a paper covered table or really big platters. We use pizza pans.

Serve with suitable quantities of Yuengling Lager.

BUCK FIDEN!

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I AM THE STORM."

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 5738 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Paula Deen's Seafood Gumbo!

I made this for Mother's Day yesterday but this is the last of it.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but did for the most part. I used two Polksa Kielbasas and threw in some Tony Chacherie's seasoning.

It was just the right amount of spice and flavor. The seafood part is shrimp, scallops and crab meat. They didn't have crab meat at the store so I had to buy 1 pound of crab legs and extract the meat for the dish.

The recipe made so much, we would have had gumbo for the next 4 days, so I shared it with three other neighbors.

If you want the recipe, search youtube for Paula Deen Gumbo and you'll find it.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 4397 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn benny6 that looks good!

Neither southern shrimp and grits, nor dinner. Big Grin

Whipped up some shrimp (from raw) and fixings last night. This morning I was inspired to put this together.

Diced up some already cooked baby potatoes for treatment by the Cosori air fryer. Peeled and gently warmed up the left over shrimp. Served them with a scramble made from cheese and finely diced tomatoes and onions. Damn this was tasty!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A very nice prime ribeye

with some frozen peas/carrots and some mashed taters. Chianti and bread not shown.

I was gonna save half of the steak for sandwiches tomorrow...but I didn't (burp!).

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 14918 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking rib-eye!! I can almost taste it.

Posts: 5438 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftover drunken ribeyes sliced thin, then seared. Sweated some onion and a couple cloves of garlic in. Then water, noodles, flavor packs, and frozen corn, peas, and carrots. Topped with chives cause this is fancy Ramon Noodles. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis