SIGforum
What did you make for dinner?
July 27, 2026, 06:37 PM
StorminNorminWhat did you make for dinner?
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Normin, can you post the biscuit recipe?
HERE you go. I use Lilly self-rising flour.
NRA Benefactor Life Member July 29, 2026, 08:03 AM
610Fresh out of the garden black eyed peas, fried okra, corn on the cob, and my wife's homemade cornbread. It does not get any better than that!!!
_________
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
Henry Ford
July 29, 2026, 04:59 PM
StorminNorminquote:
Originally posted by 610:
Fresh out of the garden black eyed peas, fried okra, corn on the cob, and my wife's homemade cornbread. It does not get any better than that!!!
Sounds great! When did you plant your okra? I planted in June and plants are only about two feet high. Not a good year for them for me this year as I have lost nine plants. I had hoped to be buried in okra so I can pickle a bunch this year.
NRA Benefactor Life Member July 30, 2026, 08:12 AM
610My wife planted ours April 16th( we live in the Lubbock, Tx area). This not the best year for it but we are getting some along.
_________
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
Henry Ford
July 30, 2026, 02:51 PM
GT-40DOCI planted my okra at the end of Feb., like usual. Not a good year at all. Lost a # of plants, and those that have survived are not big producers. Usually, I have it running out my ears and I am giving a lot to friends and neighbors.....not this year. I have had enough to only cook 3 decent size batches. Not sure just what the problem might be.....lack of rain, too hot, etc.
July 30, 2026, 04:15 PM
StorminNorminI normally would have planted a few months earlier as Okra loves heat, but this year in Central Texas the temperatures were so mild for so long I didn’t know how the seedlings would do so I waited until it got hot. Boy are we in the heat right now!!!
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 01, 2026, 03:38 PM
PR64Not dinner but Saturday afternoon lunch.
Beef ribs smoked for six hours.
-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
August 01, 2026, 06:43 PM
nhracecraft^^ Those Beef Ribs are looking kinda blue there! Perhaps a little more time in the smoker...

____________________________________________________________
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
August 01, 2026, 06:51 PM
GustoferImgur. It works.
________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
August 01, 2026, 06:52 PM
StorminNorminquote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Imgur. It works.
For some reason I can never see an image from Postimage on my iPad.
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 01, 2026, 06:56 PM
StorminNorminI don’t think I have ever posted a picture of beef fajitas, but that is something I do well and made tonight.
Just put on the grill after marinating. I have to do some chile toreados (grilled jalapeño).
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 01, 2026, 06:59 PM
P250UA5Hawaiian 'skewers/kebabs'
Marinated chicken, bell pepper, red onion & pineapple. Made without the skewers on the Blackstone, more like fajitas.
The Enemy's gate is down. August 01, 2026, 07:04 PM
konata88Those fajitas look delicious. I’ve been craving tacos all week. Is that skirt steak? Man, if I can, I’d love to get some tacos or fajitas this week.
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book August 01, 2026, 07:20 PM
StorminNorminquote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Those fajitas look delicious. I’ve been craving tacos all week. Is that skirt steak? Man, if I can, I’d love to get some tacos or fajitas this week.
Yup, skirt steak. I first marinate with a fajita dry rub for at least 30 minutes, and then add lime juice to marinate for another 10-20 minutes before grilling. Normally I ask the butcher to tenderize the meat, but in this case I chose not to.
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 01, 2026, 10:30 PM
StorminNorminquote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Hawaiian 'skewers/kebabs'
Marinated chicken, bell pepper, red onion & pineapple. Made without the skewers on the Blackstone, more like fajitas.
That looks really good. I would assume it could be cooked in the oven in just the tray you show? I don’t have a Blackstone flat top YET. Any specific recipe? You failed to mention the wonderful broccoli. The poor broccoli….lol Put on top of some rice and YUM!!!
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 01, 2026, 11:15 PM
P250UA5Broccoli was a late addition once it was already on the griddle.
And it was served over rice, I did a couple corn tortillas & made tacos for mine.
I'll get the marinade recipe from my wife & post it.
And yes, I'd assume you could bake it just the same.
I've also done it on the grill with a couple of those grill mats.
Edit: Here's the recipe
https://www.cookingclassy.com/wprm_print/31297/
The Enemy's gate is down. August 02, 2026, 05:09 PM
StorminNormin^^^^That recipe looks tasty. I am going to try it soon! Thanks!
NRA Benefactor Life Member August 02, 2026, 09:50 PM
SpinZoneJust made my first attempt at Gumbo and it came out pretty good. I can do better next time.
“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna
"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management
August 05, 2026, 07:24 PM
P250UA5Tonight's dinner
My favorite dish while we were in Rome was Cacio e Pepe [cheese and pepper]
My wife gave it a shot tonight, turned out great, with some Brussels on the side.
The Enemy's gate is down. August 13, 2026, 06:41 PM
OttoSigWhole fired tilapia, plantains, red slaw, yellow rice, with some pickled onions.
Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!