SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made a batch of Crawfish and shrimp etouffee. Over white rice with garlic bread.

https://postimg.cc/XpT3jpvD

ARman

Posts: 3212 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Expired mac-n-cheese with cubed fried spam last night. Tonight, maybe sinigang soup.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Dungeness crab in a sherry cream sauce, served over bucatini pasta and sprinkled with 48 month aged parm/reg.

One of my favorite quick and easy meals. I usually make it with bay scallops, but the fish guy came through town the other day and thought I'd try some crab instead. Twas very good.

Posts: 20553 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3643 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:

Is this a version of chicken and dumplings? I LOVE chicken and dumplings but sadly my wife doesn’t so I don’t get to make it often.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8738 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Dungeness crab in a sherry cream sauce, served over bucatini pasta and sprinkled with 48 month aged parm/reg.

One of my favorite quick and easy meals. I usually make it with bay scallops, but the fish guy came through town the other day and thought I'd try some crab instead. Twas very good.

Looks wonderful!

Posts: 8738 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is, not complicated. I use these dumplings.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/6900/dumplings/

Posts: 3643 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Persian chicken kabobs.

JP

Posts: 2074 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yum! Chicken swords are so delicious!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BLT with fresh tomatoes from my garden.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
More bacon! Big Grin

Posts: 9247 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's supper will feature hickory smoked baby back ribs, fresh corn on the cob, and potato salad....yum!! Lemon pie for dessert.

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Last night I made (for the wife and her friend)
Lamb Chops
Potato Smash (boiled tiny potatoes smashed into a pan, covered with butter and baked in the oven until crispy outside)
Brussel Sprouts
Green salad

Stated off with a chartreuse plate.

I was in a pretty ugly mood so I didn’t take any photos.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4320 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
More bacon! Big Grin

Did my bacon egg and cheese naan have enough bacon?

For good measure I cooked that taters with bacon fat.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like much (I need to work on my plating techniques) but it was tasty.

Wild king salmon with pistachio pesto (I can't stomach pine nut pesto) and Panko, with buttered rice. Cooked/smoked the fish on the Yoder to 125F. No veggies as I didn't feel like it. I wouldn't have thought that pesto would go with salmon but they paired up very nicely.

Posts: 20553 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ok, tonight I made this chicken and dumplings recipe and it was the best I have EVER had! I followed it 100% even using cake flour for the dumplings and it made the dumplings nice and fluffy inside.

Pan seared chicken thighs in two batches. They were not cooked all the way through as they cook through later in the soup.

Sautéed vegetables and added garlic and peas after this.

Now the soup base.

Dumpling dough.

Finished pot. I made the dumplings too large and will make them smaller next time.

You can see how fluffy the dumplings are inside by using cake flour.

I have always made chicken and dumplings very simple and used canned biscuits. NEVER again! This was amazing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Those dumplings look great, Stormin.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1989 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stormin’ that looks like a great batch. I would put more vegetables in mine (carrots, peas) but my better half likes it plain.