SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh, God I LOVE Vietnamese spring rolls. Love Vietnamese coffee, too.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken & D's.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Can't say as I've ever had those. Do you eat the wrapper too...like an egg roll? And what is the sauce?

Those look to be Vietnamese style (Gỏi Cuốn) spring rolls using rice paper for edible wrappers. Dipping bowl contents could be traditional red peanut sauce.
They are absolutely delicious!

not sure what the greens are other than some basil,

we buy them every time we go to a farmers market in town, there is a nice little Asian lady with a booth , and her's are fantastic,

most everything she cooks there is fantastic

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
This thread id dangerous, and addicting. My grocery list, and list of things to try keep growing!

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah! So true! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If you have a chicken and dumplings recipe, throw it away and use this one instead.

I've made chicken and dumplings for decades and always thought it was pretty good. But, I got a wild hair today and thought I'd look around for a better one and I found it. Wow this was excellent. I did tweak the dumplings a bit to make them more like mom's, and I added mushrooms, but otherwise followed it exactly.

5/5 stars.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
If you have a chicken and dumplings recipe, throw it away and use this one instead.

I've made chicken and dumplings for decades and always thought it was pretty good. But, I got a wild hair today and thought I'd look around for a better one and I found it. Wow this was excellent. I did tweak the dumplings a bit to make them more like mom's, and I added mushrooms, but otherwise followed it exactly.

5/5 stars.

I am going to try this. I love chicken and dumplings, but only the one I make. This recipe is more work as I always used canned biscuits, but also sounds really good! My wife doesn’t like them, but maybe she will like this.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I too intend on trying this. Fast chicken and dumplings. I've always made chicken noodle soup (-noodles), cornstarch slurry, biscuits. Soup takes forever to make, but you get shreddy chicken and when you're ready it's only 15-20 minutes to make dumplings. Interested to see how it is with this method.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
This recipe is more work as I always used canned biscuits,

Canned biscuits? In chicken and dumplings? You southerners are weird! Wink

These are really good IMO. They're a northern much more dense dumpling. And, I used AP flour and kneaded mine a lot to make them more dense (I like 'em that way).

The recipe looks a bit time consuming and complicated but it really isn't. Once you get your veggies cut up it throws together pretty quick (assuming you have everything else on hand).

Hope you guys like it, I surely did.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Carne Guisada & Tortillas

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not a biscuit fan. I’d much rather toast a small loaf of French bread, or something similar, break bread and load with butter!
After watching a Sam the cooking guy video where he used Pillsbury layered biscuits, baked on a smoker in a cast iron pan with butter, parsley, garlic, and pepper, I decided to give it a try.
I’d smoked a Boston butt. Well I made sandwiches with these biscuits, pulled pork, coleslaw, pickles, and a BBQ sauce with a slightly apple cider vinegar tang.
Definitely the best smoked sandwich I’ve ever had, maybe the best sandwich!
It was so good, the next morning I made another one and added a fried egg to it!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Weekend comfort food. 5 pound meatloaf!
Here just popped into the oven.

Meatloaf:
3 lbs 80% ground beef
2 lbs pork sausage
2 eggs
salt
fresh ground pepper
several large onions diced
several garlic gloves diced
red/yellow/orange bell peppers diced
white mushrooms diced and slightly sauteed
Worcester sauce
parsley
yellow mustard
smoked paprika
Plain bagels cubed and soaked in milk

Glaze:
ketchup
brown sugar
small can tomato paste
apple cider vinegar
onion powder
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Chinese carry-out. It was a lot of work!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Weekend comfort food. 5 pound meatloaf!
Here just popped into the oven.

Meatloaf:
3 lbs 80% ground beef
2 lbs pork sausage
2 eggs
salt
fresh ground pepper
couple large onions diced
couple garlic gloves diced
red/yellow/orange bell peppers diced
white mushrooms diced and slightly sauteed
Worcester sauce
parsley
yellow mustard
smoked paprika
Plain bagel cubed and soaked in milk

Glaze:
ketchup
brown sugar
small can tomato paste
apple cider vinegar
onion powder
garlic powder
salt
pepper

You my good Sir…are a man after my own heart…I’m now as hungry as hell again…those Taco Bell taco supremes just ain’t cutting it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

• {Not pictured} caprese salad with tomatoes and basil from my garden
  • Thick-cut pork chops with Dizzy Dust
  • Corn from my garden which represents 3 firsts for me – first corn of 2023, first time ever growing corn, and first time ever eating the new Sh2 super sweet variety of corn.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Hate to disappoint, last night dinner was popcorn!

P226 9mm CT
    Springfield custom 1911 hardball
    Glock 21
    Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Dessert last night, strawberry shortcake on a donut. Way better than whatever those yellow puck things are.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Tonight will be a large pork country style rib.....seasoned with my rub for 24 hours. It goes on the grill with seasoned okra and large onion plant from my garden. A baked potato with butter and sour cream....and pita bread. Have this while I watch my recorded F1 race from Canada. Life is gooooood!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Truth Seeker
    Picture of StorminNormin
    posted Hide Post
    Last night was a lazy dinner. Heated up a frozen Luby’s fish filet, roasted garden fresh Serrano peppers, and steamed garden squash. Sadly vegetables not from my garden, but a friend’s.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    We just took 2 dozen huge beef and chicken kabobs with lots of shrooms, onion, and pineapple. Camper potatoes, fresh green beans and fresh picked strawberries and homemade short cakes.

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post