SIGforum
RNC Votes To Withdraw From Commission On Presidential Debates Events

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860022194

April 14, 2022, 12:47 PM
PASig
RNC Votes To Withdraw From Commission On Presidential Debates Events
It's about FRIGGEN' time! Roll Eyes

Why they EVER agreed to this bullshit in the first place is beyond me, it was always rigged in the Democrat's favor:

The Republican National Committee on Thursday announced it unanimously voted to require GOP presidential candidates to abstain from presidential debates sanctioned by the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has overseen the process for decades.

April 14, 2022, 01:30 PM
joel9507
Good - glad the pretense that organization was fair is over.

Between slanted 'moderators' and the occasional 'leaks' of questions to favored candidates , these have been 'full of sound and fury, signifying nothing' for quite some time.
April 14, 2022, 01:54 PM
220-9er
The whole thing is mostly a beauty contest type event now so not much to miss.
Too bad as it's hard to get anything but propaganda form any candidate to form an opinion.

April 14, 2022, 01:54 PM
SIGnified
Progress … mo’betta’

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
April 14, 2022, 02:10 PM
vinnybass
'Bout damn time.

You don't play in a game rigged against you.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
April 14, 2022, 02:15 PM
gearhounds
At every turn the GOP needs to make it crystal clear why they made the decision- very vocally. Spell out how they are nothing but biased events to make republicans look bad while convincing idiots to keep voting democrat.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 14, 2022, 03:49 PM
BBMW
No matter how vocally they make it everyone else involved especially the media will make it look like they don't want to participate in an "unbiased" debate (pointing out quotes for those who don't want to see them.)

It's a bit of a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
At every turn the GOP needs to make it crystal clear why they made the decision- very vocally. Spell out how they are nothing but biased events to make republicans look bad while convincing idiots to keep voting democrat.

April 14, 2022, 04:12 PM
Il Cattivo
^^^ You're assuming all that many people watch those debates. That may or may not be true in any given election. At the same time, there's nothing stopping future candidates from negotiating their own terms and hold their own debate.

Personally, I love it. The Dems spent years capturing that institution, and now all of that effort has gone to waste.
April 14, 2022, 04:21 PM
chellim1
quote:
Personally, I love it. The Dems spent years capturing that institution, and now all of that effort has gone to waste.

Yep. This is a good move. It's about time.
Does anyone remember Candy Crowley... saving Obama's ass?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
April 14, 2022, 04:59 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yeah, I do. I can also remember Clinton being given the questions before the debates and Democrats being given softball questions.

The list goes on. Good riddance.
April 14, 2022, 06:04 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Yep. I also remember Romney saving Obama's ass.

April 14, 2022, 07:31 PM
downtownv
As much as I was not a Mitt fan he had Obama on the ropes until the moderator put his finger on the scale.

https://www.teampython.com

April 14, 2022, 07:49 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
As much as I was not a Mitt fan he had Obama on the ropes until the moderator put his finger on the scale.

He had him scared and on the ropes regarding Benghazi (you could see it in his eyes) during the second debate and he backed off instead of attacking. That was the moment he lost the election.

April 14, 2022, 08:01 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

He had him scared and on the ropes regarding Benghazi (you could see it in his eyes) during the second debate and he backed off instead of attacking. That was the moment he lost the election.
^^Bingo. Mitt's injection of testosterone completely wore off, and he went back to being the cowardly ass clown he really is.

About time the RNS finally woke up, grew a pair, and baled from this group that stabs them in the back every time.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
April 15, 2022, 04:55 AM
bdylan
It's actually a brilliant political move. As was mentioned, the debate commission is a key element in the Democrats control of the narrative. A fair debate would actually be pretty catastrophic for the Dems...especially in a national election.
April 15, 2022, 06:37 AM
erj_pilot
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Yep. I also remember Romney saving Obama's ass.
I remember Romney KISSING Obama’s ass. Still does…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24