SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What not to do when traveling on an airplane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to do when traveling on an airplane Login/Join 
posted
Elderly passenger tosses coins into plane's engine, grounding flight at China airport</a>
quote:
SHANGHAI: She was flying Lucky Air, but that wasn't enough for an elderly Chinese woman who tossed coins at the jet's engine to wish for a safe flight, prompting authorities to detain her and ground the flight.

Big Grin

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Maybe she thought it was a coin-op flight?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16872 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What's worse is, she isn't the first one to do that, and may not be the last.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad it's not dated. I thought I saw that article last year. Would like to know if it's another incident.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Too bad it's not dated. I thought I saw that article last year. Would like to know if it's another incident.

Per the article:

quote:
"The incident occurred on Wednesday (Oct 19) at the airport in the city of Anqing in eastern China's Anhui province, according to authorities, and was at least the second such report this year of a safety scare caused by a coin-tossing elderly Chinese... In June, a superstitious 80-year-old woman delayed a China Southern Airlines flight at Shanghai's Pudong International Airport for nearly six hours after she tossed nine coins at the engine from the tarmac while boarding, with one nestling inside."

Here's the June incident: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40421811

Posts: 33034 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My calendar for 2017 says Oct. 19 was on a Thursday.

Posts: 3465 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
My calendar for 2017 says Oct. 19 was on a Thursday.

It was a Wednesday in 2016.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post