SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California Won't Buy From Automakers Who Sided With Trump
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Won't Buy From Automakers Who Sided With Trump Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The more Leftists push others into the margins the more in the margin they’ll find themselves. Let Ca. continue isolating itself in a quixotic purification. Eventually we can contain it with a wall and armed guards. Let the undead have it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The simple answer...fuck California.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
In the UK, health services are being withheld if you say or believe the wrong things - wrongthink.

One constant of the world wide leftist movement is, they are all tyrants, every one of them. They seek power, money and control at the expense of everyone else.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the base price of cars sold 'to the state' should be at least double what they sell to the consumer to start to make up for the lost revenue

Nope. The automakers should all pull a Ronnie Barrett and refuse to sell any vehicles to the CA government under any circumstances. They should likewise refuse to service the vehicles the state does own. Those Lefty jackwads would cause less mischief if they had to walk everywhere they wanted to go.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Piss on Cal. Don't sell them any cars.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
the base price of cars sold 'to the state' should be at least double what they sell to the consumer to start to make up for the lost revenue

Nope. The automakers should all pull a Ronnie Barrett and refuse to sell any vehicles to the CA government under any circumstances. They should likewise refuse to service the vehicles the state does own. Those Lefty jackwads would cause less mischief if they had to walk everywhere they wanted to go.

The reality is, you don't buy vehicles from the manufacturer(s), you buy them from a second party (the dealer). Same applies to state entities even though/ if a model is tailored for a goobermint entity (like a LEO's vehicle).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Cars are noting, try Kali compliant locomotives on trains run into the state.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2243 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Perhaps those more knowledgeable than me can chime in but most states have “fair purchase regulations” regarding state agencies buying products in the open market.

It would seem to me that by prohibiting agencies from purchasing a product from a qualified vendor might be illegal...

Sounds to me that Kommiefornia is attempting to punish companies for exercising their First Amendment Right to "...petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sounds like those companies should raise the bid price on L/E vehicle’s by about $20,000.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm all for this. I'm sick of seeing Priuses and their smug/shitty drivers everywhere. If the CA.gov bans them, maybe the citizens will, too!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

The reality is, you don't buy vehicles from the manufacturer(s), you buy them from a second party (the dealer). Same applies to state entities even though/ if a model is tailored for a goobermint entity (like a LEO's vehicle).

Yes, this is true. However, all dealerships have contracts with the automakers. No reason these couldn't be adjusted to rule out sales to the state.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Decent people need to stop selling to California, especially guns and ammo for their police. And stop producing anything that is "California compliant" that differs significantly from what is sold everywhere else.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Can we just bulldoze California into the ocean?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

FCA?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

FCA?

FCA... now there’s a line of products just waiting for t-shirts, bumper stickers, key chains, etc.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prius.....or Pious?

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
In the UK, health services are being withheld if you say or believe the wrong things - wrongthink.

Link, please. I live in the UK.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post