SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson Tonight!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson Tonight! Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
A half dozen of us are headed to see Jordan Peterson tonight at the Moore theater. Should be interesting. I don’t go out much in the evenings anymore, but the opportunity to see young people invigorated by a positive message can’t be missed. Plus it’s downtown Seattle. Wink

I believe this is part of his book tour… My son is buying the tickets so I’m not quite certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s based on his “12 rules for life” book. Hopefully Q&A will be interesting.

I’ve seen quite a few of his videos and get the gist of what he saying generally. I agree with about 95% of it.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
what parts do you disagree with?

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'd enjoy that too. Have fun.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I believe that will be JP and Dave Rubin - two of the guys at the center of the "Intellectual Dark Web."

Should be fun. If anyone in your group gets to ask a question during Q&A, please kick them in the shins if they don't get to the point post haste Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Here now .... sold out; they have now scheduled a second event as a follow up to the high demand.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Questions can be submitted at Slido ... enter code: 12Rules

~Robert A. Heinlein