SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joint Warfighter Evaluation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Joint Warfighter Evaluation Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
"Moms for Liberty - Johnson County, KS reposted
Cynical Publius@CynicalPublius"

"There is an Army saying you hear dozens of times when you make full colonel: "Congratulations, that's the last promotion you will ever make based solely on merit."

The idea behind that saying is that when it comes time to compete for a 1-star promotion, you need a sponsor, and having a sponsor who sits on the promotion board matters, greatly.

That's how we get politicized generals who support racist, anti-American nonsense like DEI.

This is a great, great step in replacing politics with merit at our senior ranks.

This is what a revolution in military personnel affairs looks like."

https://x.com/SecWar/status/2102382410600182000




'veritas non verba magistri'
 
Posts: 4268 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
About time!!


No quarter
.308/.223
 
Posts: 2621 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Yep, my dad was an 06 for 17 years. Known for saying what was on his mind, or as he put it “saying shit if you had a mouth full. Our neighbor, also a long time 06 said he and my dad would have never made it through charm school.
 
Posts: 1488 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Great. I saw too many assholes promoted into the GO ranks.


_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
 
Posts: 10587 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a General cry during an all call. She's gone now, but when someone asked if there were going to be layoffs due to DOGE, she cried and I don't know, she may or not have been great at her job, but Generals should not cry in my opinion. I think they should present confidence at all time.


Beagle lives matter.
______
(\ / @\_____
/ ( ) /O
/ ( )______/
///_____/
 
Posts: 1216 | Location: Panhandle of Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The crux is who comprises the promotion boards.
SECWAR has cleaned house of a number of Generals who made some dubious war-time decisions but, rotated home and all was forgotten for successive promotions. Mad Chickens coming home to roost time
 
Posts: 16232 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Yep, my dad was an 06 for 17 years. Known for saying what was on his mind, or as he put it “saying shit if you had a mouth full. Our neighbor, also a long time 06 said he and my dad would have never made it through charm school.



Personally I was never eligible for flag — and always knew this — having not acquired the requisite joint designation in my career… I mean “joint” is just a five letter word for Army procedures and NOBODY needs to be encumbered with that crap…Nevertheless, in my senior assignments I had the absolute privilege to work directly for some of the very finest Admiralty and Fleet Commanders since WWII — across most warfare disciplines — namely Surface, Aviation, & Submarine.

That being said, having retired as an 06 at 31 years and privileged to do so as a Commodore, I look fondly back at my time as a Captain — Seasoned enough to be accountable but also aware of the enormity and complexity of the job while possessing the latitude to seek out the security of senior Fleet leadership during those inevitable but critical times of uncertainty when my own experiences or instincts hit the rudder stops.

In my now tarnished memories, LT (O3) and CAPT (O6) were the best ranks for me! I will also add I absolutely loved being assigned to OCONUS, (deployed) Fleet Staffs. Some say “being in command” is the best…I honestly found it incredibly rewarding but also very challenging during the occasions I was privileged with command. Quite frankly, I don’t think I “had the gift” others did and my last go at it was extremely challenging both professionally (due to the demanding geopolitical situation) and on the home front attempting to retire while in command and deployed…and although I did have a band at my Change Of Command/Retirement, my old man might have said, I most assuredly found my “Peter Principle…”

I loved my mission, the challenge of employing assigned weapon systems to meet tasking, and my Sailors…but NOT their problems and the nuances of balancing social and political dynamics. Notwithstanding, not being designated “Joint”, the writing was on the bulkhead and I absolutely believe the selection process worked as it should in my case.

God bless those who are selected to serve our nation at the higher levels of leadership. I watched with great respect the sacrifice, dedication, and aplomb they brought to our profession. As alluded to, however, make no mistake - it was not all rainbows and skittle $hitting unicorns for them or their families in their advancements into the Flag Wardroom.

Godspeed and Good Hunting, Always


Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!
 
Posts: 132 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A friend of my finally made Brigadier GEN a few years back. I asked him why it took him so long to reach 07 and he said he needed some time to learn to keep his mouth shut and attend more events.
 
Posts: 5559 | Location: NH | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the DEI Chairman of the Joint Chiefs in "Mars Attacks," on the phone with his wife.

"But didn't I always tell you, honey, if I just stayed in place and never spoke up, good things are bound to happen!"
 
Posts: 347 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My dad retired as a Major. He said that there was zero chance of getting promoted after he inadvertantly offended a Generals wife


"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"
 
Posts: 450 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joint Warfighter Evaluation

© SIGforum 2026