SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I thought I had seen it all on the roads in central Florida, till today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I thought I had seen it all on the roads in central Florida, till today. Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I had to go to Lowe's to pick up a couple of items today. I get on the road and I am now stuck in traffic. The three lane highway right out side of my development is is running slow because there are three tractor trailers in each lane across the highway.

At some point I finally get around them only to be in the middle of six more tractor trailers doing the same thing, and of course we are now only doing 35 miles an hour on a 60 mile an hour road.

Directly in front of me is a Hummer who I watch drive off the road 5 times on to the shoulder and as I pass him he has his head buried in his phone.

I finally get around all the mess of traffic and as I approach the final traffic light I need to go through to get to Lowe's there is a car in the middle lane not moving.
As every one goes around him I follow and as I pass I can see him through his open passenger side window firing up a bong. I can, even with my windows closed smell the stench of pot as I pass him.

This has to be the craziest thing I have seen so far.

The next craziest was the guy who almost ran a red light while someone in the passenger seat was doing something in his lap. As he slammed on his breaks and came to a stop I saw a head pop up from his lap.

What is the craziest thing you have seen on the road while you were driving?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen the tourists going the wrong way in our roundabouts. Thats fun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have seen the tourists going the wrong way in our roundabouts. Thats fun!

Something sad I did not see but read about, on the same road on my way to Lowe's a family from England was killed. I think there were eight of them in a passenger van. This happened several years ago.

The story I was told, they had gotten in late at night and wanted to go to the Walmart right next to the Lowe's I went to today.

The family, except a grand mother and an infant all piled into the van. When they came to the end of the road before turning onto the highway they supposedly looked to the right instead of looking to the left and were hit by a tractor trailer.

I think someone in the van survived the initial crash but died later in the hospital.

The sad thing this has happened more than once around where I live. We are near Disney where there are a lot of rental vacation homes.
When the English come to the United States they come as a big family group and stay for two to three weeks.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Common in Arizona on Interstate 10....single vehicle rollover accident, 14 dead, 9 injuries.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
he sad thing this has happened more than once around where I live. We are near Disney where there are a lot of rental vacation homes.
When the English come to the United States they come as a big family group and stay for two to three weeks.

That's why I try and stay north of the Border, that border being the 408 or better known as the former East-West Expressway.

Up here the overseas people are a threat outside of SanLando Auropuerto and on 417 after a fully loaded cattle car drops its passengers...

Posts: 23564 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Full on swinging baseball bat fight out the window at 70 miles an hour going north on I25 in Colorado.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
he sad thing this has happened more than once around where I live. We are near Disney where there are a lot of rental vacation homes.

That's why I try and stay north of the Border, that border being the 408 or better known as the former East-West Expressway.

Up here the overseas people are a threat outside of SanLando Auropuerto and on 417 after a fully loaded cattle car drops its passengers...

When we first moved here there were nothing but orange groves and cows for as far as the eye could see. Then some time in 2004/2005 the migration started because the other areas east and north of Disney were all built on.
Things slowed down in 2008 but after the great depression was over it has been non stop building.
Now where there were cows and oranges are houses and stores.
Now it takes me 20 minutes to go the same distance to used to take 5 minutes.

NRA Life Member

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
When we first moved here

LOL yep, same here, the main road out from 436 was two lanes, a few subdivisions, nurseries and celery farms....

Now, subdivisions, shopping center, malls, toll roads from 436 to Bithlo... Used to be 10 minutes from the house on the motorcycle and it was country, now, suburbia.

Won't be long we'll sell and move to the Hills!

Posts: 23564 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Full on swinging baseball bat fight out the window at 70 miles an hour going north on I25 in Colorado.

About 30 years ago on I95 south of Washington DC we were stuck in slow moving traffic. I watched a guy with a crowbar charge at someone on the side of the road. As we got closer I noticed the person being charged had gun out and what appeared to be a badge.
The guy with the crowbar was a truck driver and was about to be having a bad day.

NRA Life Member

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
The next craziest was the guy who almost ran a red light while someone in the passenger seat was doing something in his lap. As he slammed on his breaks and came to a stop I saw a head pop up from his lap.

Posts: 7372 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post