SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nations Gun Show, Chantilly, Va
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nations Gun Show, Chantilly, Va Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The show was depressing.

Colt 6920s for $1200?

Garden variety AKs for $700?

I bought one thing.... A chocolate covered pretzel. It wasn't very good.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The show was depressing.

Colt 6920s for $1200?

oddly enough, I sold a Colt for that price,

and was given a pretzel , from the guy that made them,

it was ok,

did have the pleasure of meeting Cliff and the lovely Mrs Cliff,

lovely folks, hope to see them again,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
We are going for sure. I'll stop by to see you guys.

Cliff, great to see you and your wife at the show. Your CUT: The velvet voice box, are you a singer? Wife Deborah is a professional singer. Taught voice for many years, including public schools as a music teacher. In any case, great to put a face to the user ID.

Mark, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife as well. You will be hearing from us soon to schedule for the Utah class.

Wish I could sing. I did voiceover work for some years. I did this little ditty for the forum a few years back, and Para was gracious enough to reward me with the CUT that I now have.
This was never used by Para nor was it intended to. I just threw it together in my studio in about 30 minutes if I remember correctly just for the forum members.

Lyman, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. You had a few items on your table that caught my eye. I'll be sure and stop by again next time around.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That should play ever time I click on the main page Big Grin

Didn't make it had a hell of a day. Why do all the 12+ hour days fall on a Friday?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
We are going for sure. I'll stop by to see you guys.

Cliff, great to see you and your wife at the show. Your CUT: The velvet voice box, are you a singer? Wife Deborah is a professional singer. Taught voice for many years, including public schools as a music teacher. In any case, great to put a face to the user ID.

I had limited time there, and was busy helping a first time buyer pick out stuff (spending other peoples money kept me from spending my own). I did get chance to swing by, and had a great conversation with Deborah. Please pass on my thanks again for the ice cold water she gave me!

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The show was depressing.

Colt 6920s for $1200?

Sounds like these gun show sellers haven't heard that we have shifted from a panic buying seller's market to a crazy buyer's market since Trump was elected.

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there this morning, stopped by Markand's table and talked a few minutes. Several guys had Ruger ARs for $499 (so tempted, but...)but having just got something last week my mad money for a few months was already spent.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was there today and will be going with a buddy tomorrow afternoon

Price were wildly disparate. I saw the same Vickers G17 for $675, $699, $719, and $750....none which are good deals

For the most part, I did not see deals to be had. Will check again tomorrow

I went to the Walmart across the parking lot for toilet paper and they were selling 100 round boxes of brass cases American eagle 9mm on "rollback" for $18.50 a box...I bought all they had.... about the same price on 100 round boxes of WWB...they had a lot of that. Most brass 9mm at the show was $13/for 50.

I did find an ATI MP40P pistol at a price I was happy with. It was the only one I saw in the whole show. Saw the rifle version for even cheaper, but I can't stand the fake cans on these replica subguns that make them ATF compliant...particularly a WW2 gun like the MP40, so I was happy to get the pistol

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff, was that you manning Mark and Deb's booth today about 10:00-ish when I stopped by? Didn't get to ask, a couple of guys were talking business there... Smile

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Cliff, was that you manning Mark and Deb's booth today about 10:00-ish when I stopped by? Didn't get to ask, a couple of guys were talking business there... Smile

No sir, not me. I retired back in March & we moved back home to Kansas City. The Chantilly show is one of the few things I miss back east.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(snapping fingers!) Thought for sure I'd met another SIG Forum member today.