SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roku, which Roku?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roku, which Roku? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
You might also try a cheap mesh system. That solved our connectivity here (concrete block walls). We bought one at Pricemart (like Sam's or Costco) called NEXXT. It comes with three nodes, but you can add more if necessary.

Choices are very limited in our Economy. Imports are restricted and taxes are punishing. Current value of imported goods, think double MSRP on 1/8 of the income. Insane doesn’t begin to describe it.

Been a TP-Link user for over 20 years. Their stuff is reliable enough and there a few stock shortages.
Lately i got burned three times by them. They anounced the AX3000-AX50 with wifi 6 was Mesh ready and would br Mesh able with a future firmware update. I bought two of them and TP-Link changed their minds. Ouch. The router is fine and has a very good reach in our condition BUT you can’t put them in (wireless) AP mode as i always did with previous routers. Finally, they never imported matching AP/repeaters and i’m stuck with slow daisy chained AC750 units.

Their 3 units in a kit don’t suit my needs as one unit MUST be plugged to the modem and 2 kits won’t work as a sixpack.

Guess they lost me as a customer.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post