SIGforum
West Texas Dairy Queens

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7830033124

March 20, 2017, 04:37 PM
arfmel
West Texas Dairy Queens
They're giving away "ice cream" cones today for the first day of spring. I just had one. I've never felt more alive.
March 20, 2017, 04:50 PM
TMats
Well, yeah they're good (even great), but..."never felt more alive?!?" Whoa

March 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
arfmel
Wink
March 20, 2017, 05:13 PM
rburg
Conditions are right for a blizzard.

Unhappy ammo seeker
March 20, 2017, 05:31 PM
DrDan
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They're giving away "ice cream" cones today for the first day of spring. I just had one. I've never felt more alive.

Driving across country in July, my time through West Texas was only tempered with Dairy Queen stops. I couldn't eat a cone fast enough to stop it from melting, and that was inside the car with AC on full blast. Whew!

This space intentionally left blank.
March 20, 2017, 05:43 PM
dubya
I've always liked DQ. Had a bunch of the plastic animals they put in your drink in the 60's...

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel: I've never felt more alive.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America
March 20, 2017, 05:46 PM
Oz_Shadow
I think its all Dairy Queens today
March 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
arfmel
I wondered. I only made it to one.
March 20, 2017, 05:57 PM
drabfour
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I think its all Dairy Queens today

Yeah

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I wondered. I only made it to one.

Ha! Big Grin
March 20, 2017, 05:58 PM
CQB60
Good stuff made better cause its free Wink

March 20, 2017, 06:10 PM
mbinky
I love DQ. Where I grew up they only served ice cream though and were seasonal. No dining area either, just an order window. They were open from like May to September or something. I remember the first time I saw a DQ down south that had a dining area and served food I was flabbergasted. Who'da thunk something like that existed???
March 20, 2017, 08:26 PM
Hound Dog
They call that the Texas Stop Sign. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
March 20, 2017, 08:39 PM
jhe888
DQ makes a pretty good burger, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
March 20, 2017, 08:43 PM
tatortodd
The rural, old school DQs have very good chicken strips too. They serve 'em the proper way too, with a side of white gravy. The big city DQs seem to be serving a food service grade chicken strip that isn't up to the standards of the rural, old school DQs.

I'm a big fan of the Heath Bar Blizzards too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
March 20, 2017, 09:17 PM
Cobra21
God loves Texas and Dairy Queen!

Risk the consequences of honesty...
March 20, 2017, 10:28 PM
TMats
Two salesmen are driving through Arizona when they come to the town of Ajo. Not being from the Southwest and having no familiarity with Spanish, they got in a discussion about the proper way to pronounce the name of the town.

They reached the city limits, and on the left side of the road spotted a familiar ice cream store.

They went to the window and ordered a couple of soft ice cream cones from the young girl working the window. As they were receiving their change one of the salesmen said: "Say, my partner and I were having a discussion; how do you say the name of this place?"

The young girl had a puzzled look cross her face for a moment, looked back and forth at both men, then speaking very slowly and clearly said:
"Dair-ee Kween."