SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christine Blasey Ford's father: "I'm glad Brett was confirmed"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christine Blasey Ford's father: "I'm glad Brett was confirmed" Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
Only a few bloggers/reporters noted that Blasey Ford's family did not appear w her at the congressional hearing.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...naughs-confirmation/

Last year, when Christine Blasey Ford emerged after then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings to accuse him of attempted rape at a house party when both were teenagers, there were many unanswered questions both about her story and her credibility.

She offered no proof that she and Kavanaugh had ever even met. She couldn’t remember where it happened, when it happened, or how she arrived at or departed from the party. None of the four alleged witnesses she eventually named, including one of her closest lifelong friends, corroborated her accusations. Prior to airing her allegations with the media, she scrubbed her entire social media history that indicated she was a liberal activist.

To this day, there is zero evidence beyond her claims that the alleged assault ever happened. One detail, however, remains particularly intriguing. The Blasey family stayed conspicuously silent about the veracity of her allegations. A public letter of support for Ford that began “As members of Christine Blasey Ford’s family . . .” wasn’t signed by a single blood relative. Reached for comment by the Washington Post, her father simply said, “I think all of the Blasey family would support her. I think her record stands for itself. Her schooling, her jobs and so on,” before hanging up.

Privately, however, it appears the Blasey family had significant doubts about what Ford was trying to accomplish by coming forward and making unsubstantiated allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. Within days of Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, a fascinating encounter took place. Brett Kavanaugh’s father was approached by Ford’s father at the golf club where they are both members.

Ralph Blasey, Ford’s father, went out of his way to offer to Ed Kavanaugh his support of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, according to multiple people familiar with the conversation that took place at Burning Tree Club in Bethesda, Maryland. “I’m glad Brett was confirmed,” Ralph Blasey told Ed Kavanaugh, shaking his hand. Blasey added that the ordeal had been tough for both families.

Blasey never explicitly addressed the credibility of his daughter’s allegations, but he presumably wouldn’t have supported the nomination of a man he believed tried to rape his daughter.

It wasn’t just Ford’s father. The national drama played out on a decidedly local scale as the D.C.-based family and friends of Ford’s quietly apologized to friends and family of Kavanaugh, even as the toxic political environment made it punitive for them to speak up publicly.

One friend who was subjected to both public scrutiny and private pressure because she cast doubt on Ford’s story was Leland Keyser, one of Ford’s closest friends at the time of the alleged attack. Keyser wanted to support her but nevertheless had no recollection of the event.

Keyser’s son noted on a GoFundMe page for his mother that she put “everything in her life at risk” in order to tell the truth about Ford’s allegations. Son Alex Beckel wrote that his mom “resisted immense personal pressure and courageously came forward with the truth,” adding that she “stood up and did what was right when she had everything to lose and nothing to gain.”

Posts: 19598 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
NONE of her family was there to support her which should have been a giant red flag to most.

Not just her parents, but no siblings, aunts, uncles...NOBODY WAS THERE. I suspect they all know she's nuts and want nothing to do with her.

All her "family" if you notice are just friends and coworkers/acquaintances.

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Only a few bloggers/reporters noted that Blasey Ford's family did not appear w her at the congressional hearing.

In our long Kavanaugh thread, I posted that he had hundreds of friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc. all come out in support. Even Ford's witnesses gave him support by refuting her testimony.

Blasey Ford had NO friends or family to stand by her. Only leftist politicians and lawyers, who all at the end of the day, didn't give a crap about her, only to deny Kavanaugh's confirmation at whatever cost necessary.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
She's a liar. Period.
She's as phony as HRC, and I'm sure her entire family knows it.

To hell with her.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So in summary....

1 - Kavanaugh got confirmed.
2 - Blasi Ford enjoyed one hell of a pay day.
3 - The senate confirmation process was irreparably damaged.
4 - The rule of law was turned on its head and damaged.
5 - The DNC got nothing out of this process.
6 - Ford's attorney is now on record as admitting Ford's testimony was BS.
7 - Ford's family doesn't even buy into her BS.

So we can all accurately classify this whole thing a a monumental clusterf^ck.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Democrats better not try this shit for whomever Trump picks to replace RBG, but you know they will try. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe she lied as well. No support from the family and her history of mental illness does not jibe well.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And yet that lying bitch goes unpunished. I would LOVE to see Senator Graham be the one to officially file perjury charges against her. The day he gave that speech in the chamber BLASTING the Demoshit Machine was the day his testicles dropped. And I was DAMN proud of him that day...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Didn't someone post an article that it's come out recently that Blasey's real intent was to disgrace Justice Kavannaugh to prevent Roe v Wade from being overturned?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would LOVE to see Senator Graham be the one to officially file perjury charges against her.

Hell I'd love to see any one of those people that Grassley referred for criminal prosecution get indicted. Lying to the FBI, lying to congressional investigators, and they all walk. One guy even admitted he lied and made up the story!

Wait what am I thinking??? When a republican makes a criminal referral to the DOJ they feed it straight into the shredder. Probably don't even read it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Didn't someone post an article that it's come out recently that Blasey's real intent was to disgrace Justice Kavannaugh to prevent Roe v Wade from being overturned?

I think Ben Shapiro had a link on his FB but I couldn't find it there or on Dailywire. But the gist of it was Ford's attorney was running her mouth recently and let it slip that her (Ford) main motivation was protecting abortion. How sleazy can you be to try and smear an upstanding man with a baseless allegation for a personal agenda?

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
How sleazy can you be to try and smear an upstanding man with a baseless allegation for a personal agenda?

All it takes is to be...a Democrat.

I say that as someone who has seen the Facebook posts of all my Dem family members swallowing this and every other baseless allegation against Trump or anyone who supports him, hook line and sinker. They don't care about truth, only max damage to anyone who stands against their liberal agenda, truth be damned.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post