SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Totally idiotic. Beyond belief. My wife says it must of been a big doner that put that idea in their head.

It sadden's me that something this ridiculous permeated such a once good organization. It i will kill them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Not only have I been an annual donor, but for a number of years I rang the bell as a volunteer. Goodbye.
Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
LOTS of alternative charities...why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local Salvation Army here put up a BLM sign last summer. We donated there for the past 15 years. Now we either donate to the Epilepsy Foundation (which does home pickups) or simply throw the stuff away. (which has become much easier than dealing with this type of Woke nonsense)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Bite the hand that feeds... not a good position for Salvation Army.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's Sky News Australia's take on it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So much for my donations. I thought they were an organization that doesn’t blow with the wind. So much for that. I’d rather throw my money in the fire than donate to that idiocy.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upper management makes an idiot decision. They feel better, and the people they are purporting to help get hurt.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have always given to the Salvation Army but they lost big time since I have two places that need cleaning out.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While visiting our local Walmart yesterday I noticed the Salvation Army Kettle at the entrance.
The fellow manning the kettle had on a T-Shirt (hey it's Texas and in the high 60's) with wording of something about ending racism.

I figured to get a better gander upon our exit but he and the kettle were gone. Now it makes sense.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the anonymous donation of a gold coin you occasionally hear about being found in some kettle will now cease? Thanks for the info OP; I’d hate for the SA to find my “racist” money in a kettle again this year! Wouldn’t want to upset the snowflakes.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All lives matter ! If you can't accept that , we have nothing to discuss . The Salvation Army is dead to me . I'll donate to the local children's hospital .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Totally idiotic. Beyond belief. My wife says it must of been a big doner that put that idea in their head.

None of what we are seeing happens without funding. The wealthy commie elites are funding all this. They want single party crony capitalism that favors the elites. And they finally found the wedge they can use to divide the culture.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This will work out well for the Shriners Hospital for Children because they will be getting all of my donations from here on out. The Red Cross lost my support many years ago because of the corruption at the top of that organization as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
None of what we are seeing happens without funding.

That was my first thought: How worried are they going to be about offending the guy who drops a couple of bucks in the pot during the holidays?
I don't know much about the organization, but from what little I've seen they need a lot more than that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Not no but Hell NO...... Always prefered the Salvation Army to any of the other charities as personally seeing more bang for the buck donations. GO WOKE then prepare to go BROKE. .....................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Get woke, go broke. Now I'm down to three that I'll still support.

Shriners Hospital for Children
St Judes Research Hospital
Special Warfare Operators Foundation

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Yeah, I don't trust a single actual charitable organization. They are all companies paying themselves.

If there is one or two good ones I'm sorry they get lost in the mix but oh well.

A charity getting into politics...freaking ignorant.

I’m sorry that you don’t trust a single charitable organization. There are a lot that at least start out good. Certainly there are plenty that have lost their way as they have grown. Any charitable organization is a group of people and people are human with all the failings that entails.

There are a lot more than one or two good ones. There likely are not one or two perfect ones, any more than there are one or two perfect people.

I don’t even agree with your last point. A charity getting into politics blows right past ignorant into freaking moronic. That kind of stupidity does not in any way aid the mission of the charity. Sadly, organizations are made up of people and are no more immune to doing stupid things than people are. Sigh…

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Lots of small local charities that are all volunteer and make every dollar count. Seek one of those out

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think I'll send the donation that otherwise would have gone to the SA to Operation BBQ Relief

I first became aware of them at the time of Hurricane Harvey?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post