SIGforum
Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7800060784

November 25, 2021, 09:16 AM
old rugged cross
Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Totally idiotic. Beyond belief. My wife says it must of been a big doner that put that idea in their head.

It sadden's me that something this ridiculous permeated such a once good organization. It i will kill them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
November 25, 2021, 09:35 AM
mcrimm
Not only have I been an annual donor, but for a number of years I rang the bell as a volunteer. Goodbye.
Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcrimm,

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
November 25, 2021, 09:35 AM
joel9507
LOTS of alternative charities...why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this?
November 25, 2021, 09:37 AM
Graniteguy
The local Salvation Army here put up a BLM sign last summer. We donated there for the past 15 years. Now we either donate to the Epilepsy Foundation (which does home pickups) or simply throw the stuff away. (which has become much easier than dealing with this type of Woke nonsense)
November 25, 2021, 09:42 AM
BillyBonesNY
Bite the hand that feeds... not a good position for Salvation Army.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
November 25, 2021, 09:55 AM
Jim Shugart
Here's Sky News Australia's take on it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
November 25, 2021, 09:58 AM
greco
So much for my donations. I thought they were an organization that doesn’t blow with the wind. So much for that. I’d rather throw my money in the fire than donate to that idiocy.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom
November 25, 2021, 10:04 AM
whanson_wi
Upper management makes an idiot decision. They feel better, and the people they are purporting to help get hurt.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
November 25, 2021, 10:06 AM
I have always given to the Salvation Army but they lost big time since I have two places that need cleaning out.

November 25, 2021, 10:24 AM
specter77
While visiting our local Walmart yesterday I noticed the Salvation Army Kettle at the entrance.
The fellow manning the kettle had on a T-Shirt (hey it's Texas and in the high 60's) with wording of something about ending racism.

I figured to get a better gander upon our exit but he and the kettle were gone. Now it makes sense.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret
November 25, 2021, 10:30 AM
tsmccull
Wonder if the anonymous donation of a gold coin you occasionally hear about being found in some kettle will now cease? Thanks for the info OP; I’d hate for the SA to find my “racist” money in a kettle again this year! Wouldn’t want to upset the snowflakes.
selogic
All lives matter ! If you can't accept that , we have nothing to discuss . The Salvation Army is dead to me . I'll donate to the local children's hospital .
Lefty Sig
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Totally idiotic. Beyond belief. My wife says it must of been a big doner that put that idea in their head.

None of what we are seeing happens without funding. The wealthy commie elites are funding all this. They want single party crony capitalism that favors the elites. And they finally found the wedge they can use to divide the culture.
November 25, 2021, 10:41 AM
Jimbo54
This will work out well for the Shriners Hospital for Children because they will be getting all of my donations from here on out. The Red Cross lost my support many years ago because of the corruption at the top of that organization as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
November 25, 2021, 10:43 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
None of what we are seeing happens without funding.

That was my first thought: How worried are they going to be about offending the guy who drops a couple of bucks in the pot during the holidays?
I don't know much about the organization, but from what little I've seen they need a lot more than that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
November 25, 2021, 10:43 AM
drill sgt
Not no but Hell NO...... Always prefered the Salvation Army to any of the other charities as personally seeing more bang for the buck donations. GO WOKE then prepare to go BROKE. .....................drill sgt.
November 25, 2021, 10:46 AM
motor59
Get woke, go broke. Now I'm down to three that I'll still support.

Shriners Hospital for Children
St Judes Research Hospital
Special Warfare Operators Foundation

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
November 25, 2021, 11:06 AM
slosig
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Yeah, I don't trust a single actual charitable organization. They are all companies paying themselves.

If there is one or two good ones I'm sorry they get lost in the mix but oh well.

A charity getting into politics...freaking ignorant.

I’m sorry that you don’t trust a single charitable organization. There are a lot that at least start out good. Certainly there are plenty that have lost their way as they have grown. Any charitable organization is a group of people and people are human with all the failings that entails.

There are a lot more than one or two good ones. There likely are not one or two perfect ones, any more than there are one or two perfect people.

I don’t even agree with your last point. A charity getting into politics blows right past ignorant into freaking moronic. That kind of stupidity does not in any way aid the mission of the charity. Sadly, organizations are made up of people and are no more immune to doing stupid things than people are. Sigh…
November 25, 2021, 11:18 AM
Lord Vaalic
Lots of small local charities that are all volunteer and make every dollar count. Seek one of those out

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
November 25, 2021, 11:21 AM
ensigmatic
I think I'll send the donation that otherwise would have gone to the SA to Operation BBQ Relief

I first became aware of them at the time of Hurricane Harvey?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher