SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train Burglaries In LA: Looks Like A Third World Country
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train Burglaries In LA: Looks Like A Third World Country Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just as with New York, I no longer consider California to be part of the United States.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I ordered something from a website in CA last week and USPS tracking suddenly stopped on 1/7/22

I'll bet you my shit is out there on those tracks Confused

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’d say it’s unbelievable, but nothing from CA surprises me anymore.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are the ones ultimately paying for all this. Manufacturers and retailers will simply jack up the prices of their products to cover these losses. So will insurance companies for significant $ home break-in thefts and shippers/expeditors to cover their claims.

They may not be part of the US - but this shit will ultimately impact everyone.

Some of that footage would make for some great mid-term campaign commercials.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
And California leftists will still deny there is a problem nationally with their party’s policies and ways of doing business.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15500 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If people like wallowing in shit, that's their business. They'll have more of it than they can handle before this decade is out.

And I. Don't. Care.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
That is insane. It blows my mind how people in that state can keep blindly plowing ahead with this crazy leftist utopian tripe when the evidence of how disastrous it is, is all around them.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
They love it though! With large blinders on, continue to talk about muh climate change, evil guns, and vaccines and more vaccines.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
When I worked for BNSF we had to be careful not to stop east bound intermodal trains in West Memphis as thieves would target containers carrying that seasons hottest X-Box or PSwhatevernumber. A train carrying 300 containers and the only one broken into would be the high value one. Think it was an inside job from someone at the port who knew which container to hit?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Same thing happens to trains in southside Chicago:

https://apnews.com/article/gan...4cdf9da464f2d9604b6b

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I used to have a sense of pride to know that I was born and raised in CA, the 60's - '70's.

It's such a shame to see what it's become.
But, as the saying goes, you reap what you sow.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Same thing happens to trains in southside Chicago:

https://apnews.com/article/gan...4cdf9da464f2d9604b6b
Presume it's still happening? That article is dated 2017...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Venezuela.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Presume it's still happening? That article is dated 2017...

Yes. That was just an example of one high-profile theft of 111 guns in transit from Ruger.

The article talks about how it's a frequent occurrence, it's just not usually large amounts of guns that are stolen, and the railroads have little incentive to invest in prevention/deterrence since they're insured.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
As with any crime, if there are no consequences to getting caught there is no reason to stop doing it for criminals. It is mind boggling to see our great country rot away. Enjoy your utopia because from this Tennessean it looks like y’all want to recreate Venezuela.

Posts: 2930 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
And California leftists will still deny there is a problem nationally with their party’s policies and ways of doing business.

A big part of the problem is they're so concerned with national issues and their own theories of discrimination and 'social justice', that they fail to address, acknowledge or, even deal with the actual problems right under their nose. Any pushback from any corner critiquing or, bringing attention to a situation within their own world, is immediately dog-piled (with media support) as a racist, white-supremest, Trump-supporter, privileged, entitled, etc...

See the latest with San Francisco's mayor, calling out white progressives. In the Overton Window of Leftist hierarchy, she's a moderate but, still Left, those she's speaking about are VERY Left.
https://www.sfgate.com/bay-are...n-white-16773098.php

PASig, link doesn't work

Posts: 14564 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...like this hasn't been going on since they standardized rail gauges...thieves go where the loot is irregardless of who's in charge...

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, theft from an interstate shipment is a federal crime. So... where is the FBI?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post