PASig, link doesn't work

Must be your device, it works fine for me

here is the direct link:

https://twitter.com/johnschrei...770722271760384?s=20

January 14, 2022, 12:04 PM
wcb6092
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
IIRC, theft from an interstate shipment is a federal crime. So... where is the FBI?

FBI is busy with all the school board meetings,and garage door pulls.

January 14, 2022, 12:16 PM
CPD SIG
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
When I worked for BNSF we had to be careful not to stop east bound intermodal trains in West Memphis as thieves would target containers carrying that seasons hottest X-Box or PSwhatevernumber. A train carrying 300 containers and the only one broken into would be the high value one. Think it was an inside job from someone at the port who knew which container to hit?

What if the thief knows the color code on the locks for the box cars & shipping containers? Tell me that's not a game changer!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
January 14, 2022, 12:26 PM
downtownv
Good to see the poor and oppressed are finally getting something back. Roll Eyes

https://www.teampython.com

January 14, 2022, 06:15 PM
Graniteguy
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
IIRC, theft from an interstate shipment is a federal crime. So... where is the FBI?

FBLie does not give a shit about crimes like this.
January 14, 2022, 07:34 PM
2PAK
When I worked in LA we'd occasionally back up Southern Pacific (or was it UP) cops. Usually, a lone railroad cop. They were undermanned back in the day so I can only imagine how undermanned and impossible their job is today.
January 14, 2022, 07:54 PM
old rugged cross
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kidcop:
...like this hasn't been going on since they standardized rail gauges...thieves go where the loot is irregardless of who's in charge../QUOTE]

kc, your contributions here are amazing. The stuff you come up in the short time you have been with us. Is really impressive. Yea.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
January 14, 2022, 11:06 PM
YooperSigs
And since this California, I would say this is happening because railroad tracks are racist and contribute to global warming too! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
January 15, 2022, 09:30 AM
Imabmwnut
Domestic terrorism is what I see.
January 15, 2022, 04:53 PM
sigcrazy7
Grew up in Roanoke, VA. Whole family worked for N&W (now NS) railroad. Generations of families in WV would heat their homes from the lump coal they removed from slow trains climbing grades. While those pics are shocking in their scope, theft from trains isn’t a recent phenomenon. It would be nice if the RR would figure out to reduce this loss, though. Just like shoplifting, the rest of us are paying for it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
January 15, 2022, 05:12 PM
Russ59
My guess it's the druggies and homeless taking advantage of low security and even lower arrest and prosecution.

Just the other day, Gov Newsome got in front of the cameras to brag about another $540M being spent to tackle "these tough issues." The style of speech is to brag about how much tax payer dollars he's spending, the percentage increase in spending, and lot's of "I" and "me."

I know all politicians are slimy, but this guy is a major douche.

P229
January 15, 2022, 11:35 PM
CPD SIG
https://youtu.be/hhGrHlPGmng

Just came across this on YouTube.

Homeless/drug addicts is a possibility, it also depends on who lives close by.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
January 16, 2022, 02:39 PM
ChuckWall
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Looks like Venezuela.

I think they overshot Venezuela and went full Haiti.

MAGA
January 16, 2022, 03:06 PM
bdylan
I'm going to guess they got themselves a leftist prosecutor. The rail company will have to adjust or go broke.
January 16, 2022, 03:23 PM
Graniteguy
Simple adjustment - increase speed through trouble areas.
January 16, 2022, 03:36 PM
kimber1911
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Simple adjustment - increase speed through trouble areas.
Not possible.
The trouble areas are where they are slowing down to unload or stopping to wait while others are unloading.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021
January 16, 2022, 04:20 PM
Sacramento Johnson
How feasible would it be to move distribution centers and avoid trains into and out of LA? Is it something shippers like Fedex, UPS, Amazon are contemplating?
January 16, 2022, 04:57 PM
selogic
As to the looters , " We must consider their needs .." . Cool
January 16, 2022, 09:38 PM
ersatzknarf

A friend sent me this...

January 16, 2022, 09:40 PM
Balzé Halzé
^^^^ I'm imagining a scene like in Lord of War.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle