SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Much Fun Would a Chem-Lite Stuffed into a Helium Filled Balloon Be?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Much Fun Would a Chem-Lite Stuffed into a Helium Filled Balloon Be? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If your friend buys this balloon, he/she would be able to launch up to 50 grams of light sticks/ flashy LEDs with 20 cubic feet of squeaky air.

https://www.amazon.com/Profess...0Grams/dp/B004I45LX0

And be as much fun as a balloon full of monkeys.
I love the first comment / question in the link that you gave: "How many of these would we need to buy to lift my grandma and her wheel chair into space?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
My best glow stick stunt was a few years back. MY buddy Wes had a bout with prostate cancer. He had it tough. Couldn't hold his grandkids on his lap, etc. The treatment was for them to create some radioactive seeds and not so gently insert them where the sun don't shine. AKA taint. Then wait while the isotope decays and selectively kills the cancer down whre the sun don't shine.

He'd been restricted mostly to his home with no fun. My buddies and I had been drafted for "gate" duty at a club function. Pretty easy, we built a fire, parked our jeeps by the front gate and serviced the few fools who wandered in late. And my buddy Wes wanted to come down and drink a few beers. OK. He should know how evil we are. So the fire burns and eventually the beer gets the best of Wes and he needs to take a leak. He headed over behind the "gatehouse" to relieve himself.

Ignoring me springing into action going to my jeep. Got a couple of the famous yellow green ones and sat back down way before he saw me. So he comes back to the fire and I get up without a word to also take a leak. Except I broke the two sticks and shook them, then with a knife cut each of the plastic tubes and dumped them on the ground. Then like a jerk I started yelling to come look at Wes' piss pile. There it was, glowing bright yellow for anyone interested to see. He went back to the fire feeling kind of low.

Timing is always important, so I sat back down and took out the two plastic tubes (still kind of glowing with slime). Pretty soon some one saw them and asked what I had there. It only took about 20 seconds for someone to figure out it was the fake piss pile/puddle.

You can use the stunt, too. Just buy a couple at the next gun show and stow them in your truck. Gotta wait till the right moment. Use a sheath knife because they're stronger.

The hell with ballons. Make the ground glow.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Don't they make mini glow sticks?

Posts: 11207 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Wow, an 8 foot diameter balloon? Now all you need to find is a friendly dentist throwing a party.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'd be OK with a chemlight or similar item, but would not sanction using a candle or open flame in an airborne object. I see these TV commercials of hundreds of paper bags with candles in them being set off as hot-air balloons and flying off and I just imagine all the fires they might cause when they come to ground. (Yes, I know that they probably don't NORMALLY come to ground until the candle has extinguished, but there are things that could happen to cause early grounding.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have an acquaintance who, when younger, used to seal up cleaners bags and fill them with natural gas, inserting a common cannon fuse. He'd light the fuse and release the bag, which would then sail off and explode brightly when the fuse reached the gas. (I never witnessed this activity--I only have his word about it. Not sure I approve.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Wow, an 8 foot diameter balloon? Now all you need to find is a friendly dentist throwing a party.

Well, that balloon will only lie on the ground, but it will be happy to do so.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
We had a bunch of helium filled balloons at one of the kids birthday parties a few years ago. At the end I started tying light sticks to them and letting them go - really fun to watch.

Michael

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Umm, some issues here. First, everyone doesn't live in a region where fire is a hazard. Around here, you couldn't get something to start on fire no matter how hard you try.

As for evil, which I'm a long study of, the best thing to do with plastic bags, large ones preferred, is to just fill them with "cutting mix" from your torch. Be careful with flame. It works really well, and will lay you out if you don't have a good seal around the fuse. Smile

What good is a balloon that just lies there? Kind of like a wife.....Frown Sorry, sigmonkey.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post