SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why do male athletes make more than female athletes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do male athletes make more than female athletes? Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I think this is the full version as previously posted here a couple weeks ago(?).
It's worth it. The feminists have so far succeeded in blaming men for their failure.
Along comes Bill.
"When are you gonna pick up your end of the couch?" lol

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Like Ronda Rousey said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn_5HQ1AJi4

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3974 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sure, I wouldn't mind them getting the same pay, just have them play on the same team, putt from the same tees, etc...

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Who's watching and paying to watch? Why doesn't my grand daughters 8-10 year old soccer team not get the same. Or why don't minor league baseball players get the same pay as major league? Good god it doesn't take an Applied Mathematician to figure this shit out. I just ignore the idiocy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
About a decade ago I twice bought tickets for the first round of the NCAA mens basketball - March Madness. As a condition to obtain mens tickets, I was required to buy tickets for the woman’s tournament. Three or four of the guys I worked were successful obtaining tickets. We all gave the woman’s tickets away.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Use the same size ball. Have a pair even

Posts: 13815 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Just have 1 tryout session.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
M Hide Post
Sure, I wouldn't mind them getting the same pay, just have them play on the same team, putt from the same tees, etc...

I would sure like to see some wimmins that can putt from the tees! Smile

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
quote:
M Hide Post
I would sure like to see some wimmins that can putt from the tees! Smile
Or men, for that matter - lol

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I can make this more simple. There is a huge difference between being given an opportunity, and being in the top 20-30% of your competition.

Look at several Men's professional teams. In a given sport there are some teams that are very good, in great markets, and hugely popular and their players make top dollar. There are small market teams with less success and support and their players aren't paid as much.

The WNBA loses roughly $10M on average every year (as of end of 2018 season). The average revenue of an NBA team is $213M (2021/22 season)

It is hard to understand is why a WNBA player seems to feel they should make the same salary as a player on the Lakers, Bulls, or Celtics.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37984 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
"Equal pay for equal work"

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They got peckers

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
People want to see athletes perform with seemingly superhuman ability. Show me women’s sports where they do the same with the across-the -board regularity.

Take basketball. There was a clip on in the gym the other day; female player makes a steal (off a laughably bad pass attempt) and takes it the length of the court (in what looked like slow motion compared to men) and does the weakest looking layup from the wrong side of the net (right handed from the left side of the rim). People don’t want to see the oft joked about ability to play by fundamentals. They want to see talent. If women could dunk from the foul line, or dunk over opposing players, or even dunk at all with any degree of obvious physical ability, perhaps more people would be interested. Can you imagine the best women’s pro team playing the absolute worst mens team? It would be a blowout that they would complain about “not being fair”.

Sorry ladies; professional mens sports draw crowds and make obscene amounts of money because people want to see cutting edge talent. Not fundementals.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Equal pay for equal production.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do female models make more than male models?

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Crazy idea but maybe women's sports advocates could do more to persuade women to support these sports?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do female strippers make more money than their male counterparts? More people want to see female strippers!

There was a recently a Subway commercial with that purple headed female soccer player. Also in the commercial was your regular female actor playing a Subway employee. Did the they both receive the same paycheck for being in the same commercial?

Posts: 5423 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
"Equal pay for equal work"

It isn't equal. I played 1st Singles in Tennis in High School and College. I was High School State Singles Champion one year. I was a good College level player but I guarantee you every one of the male professionals could have beaten me without drawing a deep breath. My coach, a retired professional tennis player and over 50 years old, whipped me soundly one day to demonstrate that.

One of the things you learn after a few years of competitive play is how to watch someone play and know which one of three things would happen if you played them.

1. I'd win
2. They'd win
3. It would be close

I watched Billie Jean King play Bobby Riggs and I flat guarantee you I would've smoked her if I played her. At the time they played, she was the #1 Female Tennis player in the U.S.

I've also watched Serena Williams play and I could've smoked her too when I was in my prime and she was in hers.

Women simply play at a much lower level than men in most Sports.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Good god it doesn't take an Applied Mathematician to figure this shit out.
Its not about figuring it out. Like Burr noted, everyone knows the answer. The problem is "cowardice". Much of society has allowed themselves to be cowed and shamed by these morons into not speaking out and refuting their stupidity. Bill and others like him show us all the way. Its to tell these people to STFU and grow up, but in the meantime, sit quietly on the sidelines while the adults run the show.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post