SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sketcher shoes how good are they
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sketcher shoes how good are they Login/Join 
posted
Sketcher advertise a lot on TV. I have Plantar problems and looking for a sneaker with the strap close type. Any suggestions?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They have been hit and miss for me, I do love my Clarks though

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've never been particularly impressed w/ Sketchers but, you would be well advised to try on a pair of Adidas UltraBoost Sneakers....Just Sayin' Wink

Seriously, they've got THE MOST COMFORTABLE Footbed of ANY Sneaker available, period! Not sure if they've got a 'strap close type' version, which I'm assuming employs velcro in an 'old geezer style' design, but these go on like slippers and have a separation in the rear of the heel cup so you can just pull them on w/o stressing the shoe or affecting it's durability. Tie them once w/ double-knots, and just tighten the knot every once it a while if it loosens up a bit, which can be done w/ the shoe off if bending over is the issue. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth it!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They’re incredibly comfortable. They’ll last 4-12 months before falling apart.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
All shoes are hit and miss imo. I have a pair of Olu Kai boat shoes that I paid upwards of a C note for and are falling apart after two seasons. That's two seasons of about five months wear not year around. But I also have a pair of Olu Kai sandals that I've had for four seasons that are great. Wife wears Sketchers and likes them for comfort but they don't wear well. For Planters get some inserts and put them in whatever shoe you like. That's what I did and wore the inserts for a year and never had a problem with planters since.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I bought two pair of Sketchers, one to shoot in and a pair of slip ons.

The lace ups (to shoot in) are OK, the slip ons are incredibly comfortable. For $40 you cant go wrong........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Over the past 4 years I go through about 2 pair per year. They are as comfortable out of the box as they are when they hit the trash. I buy the Avillo model in various colors for about $45 a pair and couldn’t be happier.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No medical issues, but I wear these shoes mainly in the winter months:

https://www.skechers.com/men/s...--mesago/204035.html

They're sort "dressy" and suitable for slush or snow.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'll echo the all sneakers are hit and miss theme, but some of those hit or miss shoes are also stupid expensive. I dig Sketchers for what they are...a relatively inexpensive sneaker that wears decent and is comfortable. And since I'm not running anymore, they do just fine for my needs. Look for a sale or discount code before buying.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've been told by two podiatrists to avoid them, go with better footwear.

I do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair of slip-ons at Costco for $30 a while back. For taking walks and running errands they are just fine. Comfortable and wearing well.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just got a pair, couple them with inserts i get from va, seem to be pretty comfortable.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have wide feet, they feel much better than the D width most are. But yes, a 3-4 month shoe.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheap shoes from my experience. I like the style but they simply don't hold up well. I had a pair that after a short while, 2-3, months the upper started to separate from the sole. Guy I worked with wore a pair to work and the sole completely separated from the upper, not sure how long he owned them but they looked pretty new. I wear ASIC running shoes and they hold up very well for the life of the shoe. Ive owned several pair of ASICS and never had a problem with any of them falling apart.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Given that I need extra wide shoes (e.g. 4E, 5E, or 6E depending on make), I gave some Sketcher slip on's a try. Yes extra wide but also far too wide in the heel. Frown The memory foam footbed is lousy for support and disintegrated far too quickly.

FWIW my "normal" sneaker has been Brook's Beast for their width and support.

Bottom line is that my search for inexpensive knock about extra-wide slip on's continues... <sigh>

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
I bought a pair of slip-ons at Costco for $30 a while back. For taking walks and running errands they are just fine. Comfortable and wearing well.

I bought those same ones(probably). I then went back and bought a couple more pairs later. My usage is exactly the same as yours since I started working from home last year. I am not hiking in them or playing hoops or going to work. They are like outdoor slippers.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have several pairs of Sketchers and like them. I have not had a problem with them not holding up a reasonable amount of time.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
strap close type. Any suggestions?

Not sure what that means but they are VERY comfortable but not the most durable.
I have a pair that are in shatters but I refuse to give them up because I love them so much.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Sketchers as I wear New Balance but proper arch support is needed to help with Plantar Fasciitis. Me and my wife have had great luck with Superfeet Green insoles available at Amazon or at Dicks Sporting Goods if you have one locally. They are around $50 though and were recommended by her Podiatrist. Also I recommend never walking bare foot on hard surfaces with Plantar Fasciitis problems.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Sketchers are comfortable and lightweight but not very durable. I wear them as house shoes and if I need a niche shoe to go with a certain outfit and don’t want to pay very much.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post