SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - 2017 AZ State Championships in the books! - 1 more photo at top
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - 2017 AZ State Championships in the books! - 1 more photo at top Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Well at least my wife had this picture of the girls on the podium.

I swear my kids is trying to put me into heart failure. Today was elimination brackets for the 2017 AZ State Championships. I was working as a line judge today so I had to watch from afar at the opposite end of the field and sadly without my camera.

Amanda, Maya and Elizabeth qualified 1st, 2nd and 3rd yesterday. With the way the brackets worked out all three girls had a first round bye. When they finally did get around to shooting it was to determine who went to the gold medal match and who went to the bronze match. Maya had to shoot against her best friend on the team Elizabeth. They were close, then Elizabeth mistakenly shot Maya's target instead of her own. Even with the miss, Maya only won by 9.

Then came the gold medal match between Maya and Amanda. Ford vs. Chevy, Ali vs. Frazier, beans vs. no beans in chili. Elimination rounds for compound are 5 ends of 3 arrows each for 30 points a round with a maximum of 150 points. Maya led after the first end 29-28. The two girls were then tied for the next 3 ends. Going into the final end tied, Maya shot a 28 and Amanda shot a 29 to take gold by 1 point with a final score of 139-138. Elizabeth was able to prevail and came away with bronze.

To say I'm proud of my daughter this afternoon is an understatement. She shot one full age division up just so she and Amanda could compete against each other. I'm thankful that she has Amanda to compete against and more thankful that they are such good friends.

A picture from the medal awards this afternoon, I'm hoping my wife may have some additional. Three archers on the podium, three competitors and three friends all in one picture.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats to Maya and her friends.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1735 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's great. Job well done!

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
That is Heartwarming!!!

Congrats to Maya, Amanda and Elizabeth...

I have the distinct feeling we will be hearing of this trio many more times in the future Wink

What excellent work by Maya all weekend! Shooting up a full age division is going to pay off Big Time for her in the future as she continues to advance. Absolute kudos to you and her mom for being able to encourage her as you have, yet still keep her fully grounded and caring, without the potentially divisive and destructive influence of such remarkable success at an early age!

A great job all around! Big Grin
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done Maya! Love to see you step up and challenge yourself! Kudos to you and Dad!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 2405 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That is simply awesome. You're fonna have to add on a room for all of Maya's awards, as stated above. Very heartwarming!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
1 photo added at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. You’re definitely doing the right thing with Maya, as I wasn’t nearly as gracious in losing at her age, and wasn’t competing in anything that had high stakes.

Posts: 3535 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Maya nocks another one out of the park. Excellent! Big Grin Smile

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Very cool. What a battle that must have been.
Nice job of coaching to get to this point!

Go Maya!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post