SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RV Trip Routing Sites & Apps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV Trip Routing Sites & Apps Login/Join 
posted
Any SF RVers have favorite trip planning packages that they use? I'm a rookie and don't won't to do a Clark Griswold with Rusty chasing me around the Commodore 64 screen.

Waiting to take delivery of a new Class C and ready to hit the road, if I can find any open campgrounds.

TIA.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
They aren't 100%, but they do make GPS units set up for those with RVs. You program your dimensions and weights and it will (allegedly) avoid routes that may cause trouble. They also have all of the campgrounds, truck stops, and similar programmed into them.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I got Sygic Truck for my iPhone, same thing, iPhone/ iPad GPS app specific to trucks (and RVs).

Allstays (iTunes store) has a number of apps, including a find-a-Walmart (Walmart lets you spark in their lots overnight), an RV Dump Station locator, Rest Stop locator, and more I'm sure. https://www.allstays.com/apps/

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Go to RV.net and join the forum.

The site is temporarily experiencing some weird issue where it says it's not available, just hit the "reload" icon on the browser whenever it acts up.

This question has been asked and answered there numerous times, just poke around and get a feel for the forum, feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy!

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
Here's a discussion of the subject by a couple of pretty experienced RV'ers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJDZZvZwZzI

Posts: 2364 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Go to www.campgroundreviews.com where you can put in a filter to eliminate those campgrounds that are closed due to Covid.
We hope to use it soon.

Also, if you plan to travel quite a bit you might want to check out www.boondockerswelcome.com It’s a site where people, like myself, allow people to stay on their property for free in a neighbor to neighbor kind of way. So far it’s worked out well for us.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post