SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ethical Quandary?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethical Quandary? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Here's my take and I have a few auctions to my credit. His feedback is perfect. You are interested in his item. He may well just be showing a photo of the item, in general. How many of this item does he have available ? I simply would ask for clarification through the site. Most sellers monitor their auctions and will respond within 24 hours. You dont want the used item he has. You want the New in package one. Get the details and then buy.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
you cant lose if your buying something on ebay and you don't like it for whatever reason just say it's defective and ebay will force the seller to take it back even if it's perfect and everything is as described. ebay caters to buyers and screws sellers. in this case the customer is always right applies.

I was forced to take a back a used fishing reel because it had some egg goo on it, what really happened was the buyer needed some parts out of my reel for free. guess what happened.

Posts: 5607 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Trust your instinct/senses.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
you cant lose if your buying something on ebay and you don't like it for whatever reason just say it's defective and ebay will force the seller to take it back even if it's perfect and everything is as described. ebay caters to buyers and screws sellers. in this case the customer is always right applies.

Like I wrote, XLT: I try to do unto others as I'd have them do unto me. I don't want to take advantage of a possibly screaming good deal knowing there's zero risk to me if it's not.

My thinking was that if I was going to go to the trouble of asking the seller for confirm what it was they were selling, I'd also take the trouble to let them know why they might not be getting the bidding they otherwise might.

Fair is fair.

I'm the type of guy who'd inform a little old lady at a garage sale that dusty old hand plane that was her husband's she's got listed for $5 is worth $100, too.

I've always slept soundly at night.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post