SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    To help out the local VFW would you buy this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To help out the local VFW would you buy this? Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted

$2500 or best offer. Wondering if I can turn this into some kind of a smoker? It's not functional of course but will fire black powder loads.
Sent a pic to the wife and said " Don't know where I'm going to put it yet but I bet we will be the only ones on the block to have one!"

Her response was "Can ya cook on it"? Just love her sometimes!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
[" Don't know where I'm going to put it yet but I bet we will be the only ones on the block to have one!"

Big Grin Don't know what I'd do with it, but that would be funny to have! LOL

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much black powder that takes for a single shot.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I'd put it in my front yard with a sign, "Stay Of The Grass!"

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I can think of all sorts of fun things to do with it. Best idea so far is I have a new grandson. How many kids can say “oh yeah, well my grandpa gave me a cannon!” Make my son in law find a place for it! Big Grin

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
“To help out the local VFW would you buy this?”

Oh, heck yeah!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You could always wait 'em out on the sale until they put it on Craig's list with a "Come and Take it!" ad...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stuff it full of hot dogs and put a lit log in the breach.SP? Now it's a cooker!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You could always wait 'em out on the sale until they put it on Craig's list with a "Come and Take it!" ad...

If it's there long enough I may try to do a little bartering. I will do a smoked rib dinner for the membership in exchange for a great deal on a cannon!!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If I brought that home I think my wife would find a way to shoot me with it Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would jump if it was 20mm. Cheaper to shoot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

$2500 or best offer. Wondering if I can turn this into some kind of a smoker? It's not functional of course but will fire black powder loads.
Sent a pic to the wife and said " Don't know where I'm going to put it yet but I bet we will be the only ones on the block to have one!"

Yes. I would by it. Can you pm me if you don't buy it? It's been a few weeks since I've done something stupid.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That would be really fun to have on the 4th of July

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Point it towards the street with a sign "No Soliciting".........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could resell it or rent it out to that guy that parked a tank in his yard and upset the HOA.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have seen much more accurate homemade pieces of artillery. Personally, I would take a pass.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh I can think of all sorts of fun things to do with it. Best idea so far is I have a new grandson. How many kids can say “oh yeah, well my grandpa gave me a cannon!” Make my son in law find a place for it! Big Grin

Vicious, funny, karmic - I love it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's been refinished. Pass. Razz

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did a double take when I saw the area code. I know exactly where that pic was taken! (I grew up in Duluth)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
If I had an extra $2500 to spend, hell yeah I would buy it. I think it's cool. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post