SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My New Truck Arrived!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New Truck Arrived! Login/Join 
posted
Earlier this year I had to close calls on the freeway in our Corolla. I decided traffic was too thick these days and the reads too rough for a compact car. I ordered a new Tacoma 4dr4wd. It came in today.

I was quite fortunate altogether. Prices are up, but I found a dealer that did not mark up over MSRP. Values for used cars are up too, so I came out alright.

With all the other crap in my life, it's good to finally be in a big, comfortable car.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good for you Fredward, it’s a good feeling.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club! Post some pics!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! I recently picked up my new fleet vehicle a few weeks ago. Ordered in October 2021 and delivered in June 2022.

Nothing like picking up a new ride!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Pics! We need pics! Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last road trip was May, 2022. About 2000 miles in the wife's Nissan Altima. Good car, comfortable, quiet on the highway, plenty of performance, and nearly 38MPG average for the trip.

I still feel much safer in my full-size 4WD truck with an actual steel frame and a couple tons of steel. Being a foot and a half higher in the driver's seat also helps with visibility all around.

Half the gas mileage and not as easy to park, but I certainly feel safer in traffic.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That 'special new feeling'
in mine continues now at nearly 2 years and 24k
miles.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I like your reasoning, too. My wife could get by in a small sedan but drives a 4Runner for exactly the same reason.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Yes, we need pics!!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Trucks are where its at!

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Nice truck! Enjoy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Must be a stealth taco cause I'm seeing no pics!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've been using my FIL's 08 Tundra the past few days to finish up out move.
Has me missing my 16 F150, but not the $70 it cost to fill the Tundra from 1/4 tank.

Once the dust settles on the move, we'll likely both start to slowly start the new car search.
I've got my eye on the new Grand Cherokee 4xe, but want to give them some time in the wild to get the first year jitters out. Coworker has a GC L with the V6, so I'll be keeping an eye on hers to see if she has any gremlins.
But, my Malibu is 10 years old with only 83k on it, while my wife's Flex is 9 years with almost 140k, so she'll likely get/need a new car first.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
My New Truck Arrived!
What color is it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Come on now you know the drill... need pictures to prove it happened........drill sgt..

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nice!
See you on Tacoma World Forum.
I'm betting it's the same color as flesheatingvirus.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I came into this thread for one reason. PICS!

Come on, man!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics! Are you kidding? I couldn't post pics BEFORE the stroke.

It's dark gray sand pearl. The flesh eating virus ones are cool, but come on higher end models with a year long wait. This is strictly a base model 4 door 4wd truck. I had all the extras in the Corolla, and never used them. They pushed an upgraded sound system until I pointed out my hearing aids.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Pics! Are you kidding? I couldn't post pics BEFORE the stroke.

It's dark gray sand pearl. The flesh eating virus ones are cool, but come on higher end models with a year long wait. This is strictly a base model 4 door 4wd truck. I had all the extras in the Corolla, and never used them. They pushed an upgraded sound system until I pointed out my hearing aids.
Then have someone else take and post pics for ya. I have to live vicariously through someone given a new truck isn't in my future for a while. Throw a brother a bone will ya. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Um, flesheating virus has a Magnetic Grey Tacoma.
No such color as dark grey sand pearl - FYI.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post