SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a very unique jack stand I saw but cannot find
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a very unique jack stand I saw but cannot find Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I'm searching for a very unique auto/light duty jack stand I saw once on the internet some time ago, but can no longer find.

I looked much like a regular joe driveway/shop jack stand, but it had a slot where you could insert your personal floor jack, so that the lift pad on your jack raises the jack stand lifting points to the level you want, then you insert the pins, lower your jack, and there you are - you don't have to raise the vehicle on one side or the other of the jack stand in order to place it, but with this system both are on the same lift point. This seems more efficient and effective in terms of the physics of your jack placements, and completely avoiding any temporary of standing excessive lever forces you may be otherwise forced to accept using separate floor jack and jack stands units.

Do any of you guys have anything like this, or know where I might have seen this animal ? I just finished a long job that involved many lifts and placements of multiple jack stands, and that system could have been very helpful.

And just to be more clear, it was not a bottle jack combined with an integral jack stand, aka UniJack, it was a simple stand you would insert your floor jack into the middle etc. It was very smart, strong, simple, and much much faster and safer than an integraded bottle-jack-stand-hack from china. This guy was a premium USA product IIRC.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
It’s not the Rennstand is it? Doesn’t look like a typical jack stand though.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You 'may' be referring to 'JackPoint' Jack Stands --> http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
There’s also this option, though it’s a special jack, stands seem pretty standard.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Yes ! Those are the ones ! Thanks Guys.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
If you're near Pittsburgh, give me a shout. I have an extra set of Jackpoints I'd sell for a good price, but it's not a shippable thing. Bought four, need two.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Yes ! Those are the ones ! Thanks Guys.

So which one were you looking for?

Posts: 1505 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
You 'may' be referring to 'JackPoint' Jack Stands --> http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

I don't know if those are what the OP was looking for, but I am very impressed with that design. Smile

Posts: 15156 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, American Ingenuity & Entrepreneurship right there...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
100% I would have bought these if they were just an inch or two taller; safe jack; rennstand; https://safejacks.com/collecti...afe-jack-single-unit

Posts: 531 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post