SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida man (accused murderer) walks out of jail ( Edit: Broward County)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida man (accused murderer) walks out of jail ( Edit: Broward County) Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Accused killer walks out of Broward jail, and no one is taking the blame

By Larry Barszewski and Rafael Olmeda

| South Florida Sun Sentinel |

Jun 03, 2019 | 2:50 PM

Broward officials are scrambling to determine who is to blame for a mix-up that led to the wrongful release of a man accused of firing his AR-15-style rifle at a Chevy pickup in Pembroke Park, killing its driver, last October.

Eric Vail, 28, was released from custody Thursday, even though he still faces a charge of first-degree murder and was ordered held without bond. Vail had originally been charged with second-degree murder, but when the charge was upgraded to first-degree, the second-degree charge was dismissed.

"“Something appears to have gone wrong here. Very wrong,” said Public Defender Howard Finkelstein, whose office is representing Vail."

Ya think?
I am sooo proud of Broward County.

Smile

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/lo...5aq3zxjx4-story.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Article says Broward, everything in the post says Broward, why does the thread title say Brevard county?

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many hours have been wasted in blamestorming meetings instead of looking for the guy and making sure it doesn't happen in the future?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Still haven't found him, apparently.

Top. Men.

Broward County's job is to make Miami-Dade county look incorruptible and competent.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
That is a large and well funded department that leftist political hacks have turned into a train wreck. It will take years to straighten out that culture and bring competence back into the department. I hope they get the right sheriff to do it but he or she is going to have some house cleaning to do.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
That is a large and well funded department that leftist political hacks have turned into a train wreck. It will take years to straighten out that culture and bring competence back into the department. I hope they get the right sheriff to do it but he or she is going to have some house cleaning to do.

You are NOT kidding. Between this incident and the Parkland shooting BSO is a total disaster. I live in Broward County.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post