Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heating pad Login/Join 
posted
Need suggestions for a quality heating pad. Thanks

Posts: 17279 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
In our experience Quality and Heating Pad don't go together. Expensive ones don't seem to be any longer lasting than the cheaper ones. I'll be watching for others to chime in.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They certainly lawyered the heck out of them.

Posts: 21122 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
In our experience Quality and Heating Pad don't go together. Expensive ones don't seem to be any longer lasting than the cheaper ones. I'll be watching for others to chime in.

Agree. I'm also apprehensive when buying these things. I've settled generally on Sunbeam based on it being the perceived least bad of the choices available. But Sunbeam and made in prc make me very apprehensive. For now, until a fire or shock actually happens, it's perhaps better than nothing. When a fire or shock does happen, if I'm still alive, nothing is probably better.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12756 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My wife uses one that is basically a bag of clay that you heat up in the microwave for 1 minute. I say 1 minute because I didn’t get the memo and, apparently, the 2 minutes that I tried kinda pops the thing open. It does stay warm for quite some time though. No electric cords is also a plus.

Edit - it’s called ThermiPaq.

This is what I found when looking for the name of the thing:
Big Grin

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Bed Buddy... link

I have a few different sizes but use the neck warmer for most areas. Provides a slightly moist heat.

Note: Models are not shipped with product.

Posts: 655 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No particular brand to recommend but I do like the ones that run for a set amount of time and then turn off.... nice for naps or bedtime.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
iPhone 15

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30729 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Thermotex infrared heating pads are worth the money. Mine are at least a couple years old.

https://www.thermotex.com

Posts: 4128 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
iPhone 15

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which side goes against the body? I do not see a strap to attach it. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 17279 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I have a Pure Enrichment heating pad that my wife bought for me on Amazon at least 5 years ago. My lower back kills me so I use it daily for at least 4 hours on 6 which is the highest setting. It hasn't skipped a beat and if it craps out any time soon, I will replace it with the same. I have 2 others that are Sunbeam but they don't put out nearly as much heat.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Similar to the clay bag, we have a large sock filled with rice and sewed shut. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and it stays hot for quite a while.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17302 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
iPhone 15

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which side goes against the body?

The side that's not on fire. Wink

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last one I got didn’t get hot enough. Guess manufacturers are afraid of lawsuits. Didn’t help much and automatically shuts off.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Need suggestions for a quality heating pad. Thanks

What's the application?

Posts: 3018 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All over. Right now shoulder impingement and low back pain.

posted Hide Post
Another vote for Pure pads. Had one that failed after a couple of years and I sent them an email explaining the controller was fine and I just needed a replacement pad along with a copy of the original receipt. They asked for my address and shipped an entire replacement unit about a day later. Their 5 year warranty is real, so save those receipts.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who contributed. If there are more suggestions please post. Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
Thermophore used to make a quality moist (which most people find comfortable) heating pad. Their Liberty line is "Assembled in the USA" FWIW.

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post